The Last Forever

Max grasped to the back of the cops uniforms as they drag him out and into a police car, getting ready to take him to a much more serious and protected facility. "I'm so glad you two are okay." Carter hugged Violet and I. Just then, a man in stocky uniform hobble over to us while finishing off a doughnut. "I guess your real wife is meeting your work-wife." He patted Carter on the back and let out a chuckle then left.

"Work-wife?!" I question. That's just what I wanna hear! That Carter has some sort of thing with Violet.

"Listen, Val it's just because we are partners and we go to lunch and stuff. That's it." He pleads.

"Why should I believe you?" I say.

"Because I stuck by your side for 7 years and got married to you. I chose you." Carter grabs the side of my face and gets ready to say something else.

"Still." I say as lock my eyes with his.

"You're my everything, what would I do without you?" He kisses me and then broke out into a tight hug.

"There's something about you b
I love. Your personality? Your many talents? Your eyes? Your smile?" I begin to tear up.

"I love everything about you." He says as he smiles at me and then an emergency call comes through.

"Violet! Carter! We have a dangerous guy holding up traffic at on a bridge!" The lady calls to them as they immediately hop into Carter's cop car and I get in the back. As we pull up at the bridge a guy is on there standing on cars with a bat hitting the roofs. I hop out of the car with Violet and Carter. The guy smashes in a few widows, and all you hear is a small child crying and screaming. "Get off the car!" Carter yells as he points his gun at the guy.

"This bridge is about to blow up. Don't worry about me!" He shouts back.

As the lunatic drops the bomb I see it go off and Carter is blown backwards to the edge of the bridge and he hangs on tight.

"Carter! " I run over to him. He tries to grip on for his life to the railing but is slipping. "Carter please just hang on, don't die!"

He goes to push himself up and falls into my arms as I drag him back onto the broken bridge. I turn back around to see the lunatic with a gun at my head. "Drop it!" Violet shouts as she takes her gun and shoots the guy in the thigh. He drops the weapon and clutches his leg. Soon enough, Carter puts him in the first back seat and we drive back to the station and give a cop the lunatic and put him behind bars.

Carter And I dropped Violet off at her house and drove back to mine. He parked his car in the driveway and we both went upstairs to check on Heidi and Joe. "I'll be in our room." Carter says as he goes to lay on our bed.

I open the door to Heidi and Joe's room and see them on the ground playing with Lea. "Joe, I love you." Heidi says as she kisses him soundly. "I love you too, that's why I wanna know if you'll marry me?" Joe asks and he gets on one knee.

"I've loved you so much, even when I was gone. And I will continue to love you. Yes, I'll marry you." Heidi gives Joe a hug. They both sit down together and I go into the room.

"Awe." I open the door fully and give them each a big hug. "Mr. And Mrs. Joe Simpson, got a ring to it." Carter says as he peers in at the doorway.
-------------
Epilogue*

My life was just one big mess. The whole mystery cards, Sara's death, Heidi's fake death, even Max and Josh in jail, it's all part of the mess.

I sit in the meadows behind my house with Gina, Veronica, Myles, and Derrick. I have Derrick cradled in my arms and he's just looking up at me.

"Hi." I whisper to him. He doesn't respond, he just smiles. "Some people say high school's tough, others say it's terrible, I had an easy high school experience until someone put an end to that and turned life upside down." I say to Derrick.

Carter sit down and is instantly tackled by Gina, Veronica, and Myles rushing towards him. They love Carter. They love me. I love them. I love Carter. Carter loves me. Carter loves them. We'll keep them safe from every harm.