Howlers part 4

Chapter 2

Questions

(Dimitir's POV)

       After lunch I couldn't concentrate for the rest of the day.  My classes just went by in one huge, boring  blur.  I also think that I pissed my girlfriend off again.  It was hard to pay attention to incessant rambling about make up, celebrity and school gossip, and the sex talk.  I made a disgusted face.  I really didn't want to think about that with her.  She was gross and I wasn't attracted to her in the least. But when I thought about the wolf... things just happened.  The wolf now had a name, and a face, it was Gabriel.  Well, at least I thought it was.

        I sighed, sitting on the steps in front of the school.  There were quite a few of them and I sat near the railing, just thinking, but more importantly waiting for him.  My girlfriend had long since gone and I honestly liked the change.  All she did was cling, cling, cling.  It wasn't bad when I had actually liked it.  I hate having her touch me.  I used to love it but that was until I met him.  That day in the forest had changed everything.  Now I was so unsure about myself.  Gabriel was a guy, obviously.  I was straight, but whenever I thought of Gabriel it would do things to my body that nobody else could.  I'm not gay, I couldn't be gay, there was no way.

       "But Gabe!"  Someone whined, a girl.  I turned my head slightly, to try and see who it was.  Gabriel.  He was walking down the steps with a girl who kind of looked like him, his sister perhaps?  "No buts Luna.  You have to hitch a ride with him if you want to go to his house.  I'm so tired of driving you there, just to end up hearing about it the next day."  Immediately he stopped and threw a hand onto his mouth.  Luna just stood there, brow furrowed she let out a growl.  "He tells you!?"  Gabriel just stood there, looking paler than he did at lunch, he was apparently naturally pale.  "Well!?"  Gabriel took his hand away and shoved it in his pocket, avoiding his sister's gaze.  "Not all the time..."  He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Shit he's so gonna get in trouble isn't he?"  She nodded and stormed off, yelling up at him "After I have him that is!"  Gabriel laughed, "You can't resist the boy can you!?'  She just shot him a nasty look then flipped him off.  Silently I chuckled as Gabriel growled.  Only other wolves growled in human form, and only other wolves could hear the deep sounds.

"I'll just walk there!" Luna shouted.

'You don't mean..."

"Yes."

He groaned, "Luna..." 

            They both stopped when they spotted me chuckling to myself.  I was trying as hard as I could to keep the laughs in.  Watching the pair of them was a lot more fun than anything on cable.  Luna sneered a tiny bit, but Gabriel just stood there expressionless.  I sighed, "Gabriel right?"  He nodded.  "Can I talk to you for a second?"  He glanced at his sister then just nodded at me again.  "Just let me help my sister OK?"  I looked away and they both made their way to the woods.  I could hear a few heated words, and a growl or two but then it just stopped at the sound of a zipper.  She was getting undressed.  When Gabriel came back he stood over me.  "Well?" I tapped my foot a little, 'What do I say?...'  I just patted the spot next to me, "Could you sit down at least?"  Gabriel growled slightly and I shuddered.  To me his growl was amazing, deep and instinctual, the best thing ever. 

            Why did I ask him to sit?  He was of another pack and if he attacked me he wouldn't have the higher ground.  Although I was sure I was the bigger wolf.  Which is probably why he wanted to stand in the first place.  We could just tell if a wolf was stronger than ourselves, a defense thing mainly.

         Even though he didn't seem to happy about it he sat down, body tense.  "Gabriel, was it you?"  He looked confused, all anger leaving his face, body relaxing.  "What do you mean?"  I exhaled deeply, "In the clearing I mean.  Was it you?"  Silence.  Gabriel was messing with his fingers then his pale brown eyes met mine.  "Why?"  I ran my fingers through my hair then putting it back down on the steps.   "Does it matter why?  Just answer please.  I need to know."  He began to chew at his lip.  "Maybe..."  I chuckled and Gabriel gave me an odd look.  "Maybe?  You either are or you aren't."  Gabriel sighed and a small smirk played at his lips, "Fine, it was.  Yes, it really was me."  We sat there for a few  moments.  It wasn't awkward, but just... quiet, nice.

       "I'm gonna go..."  I looked at him slightly surprised.  "Um, ya.  Sure."Gabriel stood and fixed his shirt a little.  I just sat there as he began to walk away.  It hurt more than you could ever imagine.  he was only a few feet away but it felt like miles.  I lunged for him, gripping his wrist.  He was thin and I could easily grab all of it with one hand.  "Gabriel...wait."  Gabriel turned quickly, trying to jerk his hand away from my grasp.  He growled again, baring his teeth, a challenge.  I let go quickly, not wanting this to go badly.  I tilted my head revealing my neck.  For wolves this was a sign of respect, submission and peace.  He instantly calmed, and let out a barely audible, "What?..."  If I wasn't a wolf I wouldn't have heard it.  Nervously I began, "Would you..."  Sighing I continued, "Go somewhere with me?  Just to talk.  In the woods.  Simple, quick, then done."  Gabriel started to chew on his lip again, seeming to think things through.  "Fine, tomorrow after school.  We can go to the clearing."  Whit that he turned and walked off, letting him go this time.  I couldn't help but smile, he had a cute ass.  'Wait! What?...'