howlers part 9

(Dimitri's POV)

     "Dimitri where have you been?"  I froze.  My father's stern voice revealing the anger he felt.  If I had my tail It'd be between my legs.  My father scared me, he wasn't the nicest man.  I walked into the room and his brow furrowed.  "What happened?"  I held my back pack up.  "A fight."  My father barred his teeth.  Simmon Knox was a large man, he had a broad build and was intimidating.  His skin had a little color like mine but his black hair was short and he has a goatee.  His grey eyes met mine.  "A fight?"  I nodded and began to go to my room.  "Stop."  I stood still.  "With who?"  He sniffed at the air then at me.  His low growl rumbled through the room.  "A Darks."  My father snarled loudly.  If anybody hated the Darks pack the most it was my dad.  I still had no idea as to why this anger even existed. 

      "How?"  I had to think for a moment, I could be a good liar if i tried.  I had to come up with something good.  If my father found out about the kiss I was as good as dead.   "He got to close.  Just didn't want that filth in my space."  My jaw tightened.  Gabriel was far beyond filth, he was perfection.  My father smirked, "Did you whoop his ass at least?"  I nodded, forcing myself to smile.  "You should see his face."  He chuckled and waved me off.  "Proud of you."  Being waved off meant I had to leave.  You didn't just leave the Knox alpha's presence, you were dismissed

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

  Actually it was more like..

Pound!

Pound!

Pound!

    Then I smelled it.  My body reacted first.  The sweet smell filling my nose.  Gabriel.  I rushed to the door but my father was already standing in front of it.  He was growling.  The only response was only more loud pounding.  "Open the fuckin' door Simmon!"  That definitely wasn't Gabriel.  "Why should I Archer?  Get off my damn property.  You have no right to be on Knox land!"

"I have every right!  Open the door!"

"Fuck no!"

"I sware I'll bust the door down if you don't!"  With that he began to pound on the door.  I could feel the house shake around it.  Alphas were powerful, even super human if you could call it that.  Usually they could control it but when anger took over and instincts began to override all rational thought all control was gone.

      My dad grunted and held the door as it shook.  Strain showed on his face, his features going lupine.  Archer was the older wolf, that I could tell.  The older you were the stronger you became.  I was sure the door would break but my father stepped back, giving in.  He opened the door.  The man, Archer, stood in the doorway.  He seemed bigger than my father and furious, not a good combination for a young pup like me at all.  He had pale brown eyes like Gabriel and a shock of red hair.  His fist were clenched and his features had changed too.  Gabriel stood behind him, just looking down at the ground.  His face was worse than before and I hated myself for even laying a finger on the boy.

      "We need to talk, now."  My father stepped aside, inviting the wolves into our house.  The alpha's glared at each other before Archer and Gabriel entered.  "Dimitri, take them to the dining room."  I nodded and hesitantly showed my neck to the angry Darks alpha.  He visibly calmed instantly.  Quickly I stole a glance at Gabriel and his eyes met mine.  They looked scared, terrified even.

        In the dining room Archer and Gabriel each took a seat.  I took my seat next to Gabriel but still kept my distance.  Soon my father joined us,taking a spot next to me. My dad began.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"What do you think?"

      My father chuckled, "About the fact that my son kicked your pup's ass?"  Archer snarled and my father's jaw tightened.   "We had a pact.  The packs are not supposed to hurt each other."  I tensed and put my head down a little.  "We agreed this a long time ago."    My dad crossed his arms.  "So are we really going to do this?"  Gabriel's dad nodded, hands folded on the table.  He sent a glare my way and I did my best not to squirm in my seat.  "Yes.  In the clearing, three days from now."  Gabriel looked up from his lap now and looked from his dad to me, panic evident in his eyes but his face remained calm.  I looked back at him confused.   My dad held out his hand and Archer took it giving it a hearty shake.  "Agreed."

    With that they left.  I heard the door slam into place after a few seconds.  "What was that about?  Three days?"  I asked my dad.  He just looked at me a steely expression on his face.  "In three days you will fight with the Darks kid."  My brow furrowed and I clenched my fist a little.  I didn't want to fight Gabriel again.  "Fight?"  My dad nodded, "Until one of you dies or we step in.  It's a dominance thing.  Better to settle this now."  My father stood and began to exit the room, over his shoulder he called, "Don't let me down." 

      I felt cold.  Gabriel and I, had a fight to the death.