Howlers 22

OK OK OK!! So the person who made my new cover is this really awesome person, feigninginnocence.  She's so nice and very talented.  I am personally thanking you so much, and this delicious chapter is dedicated to you.

===========================================================================

Gabriel's POV

"Look at them..."

"What the hell?..."

"Fags..."

   Dimitri held my hand in a terrified death grip, his hand lke a vice on my fingers.  They were talking, everybody seemed to have something to say.  At first he had taken it all in stride, but eventually his eyes went downcast and his gaze turned downward.  It pained me to see him this way, but there was practically nothing I could do.  It had been this way for a while, a few periods had gone by and with each one we walked together.  We hadn't planned to do that, but Dimitri kept coming to my classed, looking scared and beat up.  Each time I would bring his hand to my lips and kiss it, which seemed to make him relax ever so slightly.  Nobody had out right come up to us an said something, they all sneered and commented on the sides.  Being the wolves we were we heard every word and each one was like a punch in the gut, it just made Dimitri seem to sink lower and lower into the pit of self pity he had made for himself.  I was grateful that nobody approached us but sooner or later it was bound to happen.  In school the news would travel fast and as gossip queen Tara would soon find out.  There had been no sign of Tara so far but at lunch we were sure to run into her.  I feared what would happen, I was sure Dimitri was dreading it more than I was.

 "So disgusting..."

"What about Tara?..."

"Since when was Dimitri Knox gay?  Fuckin Gabriel..."

"They should die..."

   Reasuringly I squeezed Dimitri's hand and pulle dhim closer to me.  He looked liek a puppy that was kick one to many times, my heart ached just at the sight.  Infront of the cafeteria doors we stood in silence.

"Gabriel..."

My brows furrowed, he hadn't said a thing since we walked in the school building, "Yeah Dimitri?"

"Can we leave?"

My heart clenched and I

kissed him on the forehead.  “Sure-”

“Dimi!”

I felt Dimitri jump at the voice and then suddenly he smiled.  Turning to look I saw Astrid running down the hallway, dodging people as best she could to get to him.  Dimitri enveloped her in his arms as she collided with him.

“I miss you Dimi.” 

I watched as he affectionately nuzzled into his sisters hair, taking in a scent he probably missed more than anything.  Astrid giggled and kissed her brother on the cheek.  Smiling I stood in silence, at least something could put a smile on Dimitri’s face, granted it was a small one but a smile none the less.

“I heard about-,” The girl turned to me and jabbed a finger at my chest, “Since when!?”  Astrid looked at both of us, eyes narrowed. 

I blushed and Dimitri coughed nervously, “Since a little while ago.”

Again and again I felt her jab her finger at my chest, “Now you listen and you listen well!  Dimitri is the best big brother ever and he’s awesome on top of that.  You better treat him right or I swear,” the little wolf let out a small but intimidating growl in warning, “I will personally rip your arms off.”

Showing my neck I lifted my arms up a bit my palms open, “Whoa, calm down.  Alright, alright.”  In an instant a large smile plastered itself onto her face. 

“I’m glad he finally found you.”  With that she walked off.

For a moment Dimitri and stood in shocked silence.  What the hell did she mean by ‘finally found me’?  Looking back to Dimitri I could see he was just as confused as I was. 

“Let’s go,” I said breaking the silence and pulling him away from the cafeteria. “Where do you wanna go?”

Dimitri stopped us and looked me dead in the eyes, “We’re going back.”

“What?”

“We are going to lunch,” he pulled jerking me forward to our new destination, “I’m not going to avoid it.”

“You don’t have-“

“Yes I do have to. I do, if I don’t now I never will.”

 Silenty I walked by his side, clinging close to him.  In the cafeteria things got quiet, real quiet.  Dimitri must be fucking insane.