Chapter 39 - Setting in a Honeymoon

Patrick's Point of View

As she stood on the balcony of our private villa in Italy, I watched her from behind the counter in the kitchen. As I poured two glasses of wine, Aria leaned over the railing and looked down the beautiful mountainside below. The sun was setting on our last night in the second destination of our honeymoon, the pinkish glow of light glinting off of the water in the distance and catching in Aria's golden hair. A breeze disturbed that glimmer, but as she reached up to push her hair more securely behind her ear, she glanced over her shoulder at me with a smile. I grinned back, lifting the wine glasses, and slowly strode out to the balcony.

I handed one glass to my wife, acutely aware of the clink that her ring made as she wrapped her left hand around the glass. She held her glass up to mine, waiting for me to tap them together. "Cheers," I said, grinning like an idiot as I watched her lift the red wine to her lips. I took a small sip of my own as I leaned an elbow on the railing of the balcony.

Aria turned again and stared out towards the ocean, her hair moving with the breeze. "Look at that," she whispered, lifting her chin towards the water. "Isn't it beautiful?"

I still wasn't over the fact that she was talking so much now. Knowing she could hear was one thing, but hearing that beautiful voice every single day was just unimaginable. I looked in the direction she was gesturing to, taking a slow step closer to her and standing just behind her. I rested my free hand on her hip and kissed the top of her head. "Gorgeous," I whispered, my nose still buried in her hair. She giggled and leaned back against me, laying her head against my shoulder and turning her nose up towards my neck.

"I love you," she whispered, pressing a seductively soft kiss to the side of my neck.

"I love you more," I whispered in returned, sliding my hand around to her belly and pressing her closer to me. I set my wine down on the railing, balancing it carefully before moving my other hand to join the first.

"Not possible," Aria teased, tilting her head to the side as I dipped mine down to her shoulder. She was wearing a wonderfully convenient off the shoulder blouse, along with a pair of tantalizingly short jean shorts. They've been teasing me all day while we were out sightseeing, and now, it was time to do something about it.

"Totally possible," I whispered, kissing the tip of her shoulder, "And totally true."

Aria hummed softly as I slowly inched my way closer to her neck. "Maybe you should prove it to me," she whispered, already sounding out of breath as I reached the soft skin between her neck and collarbone.

"Maybe I should," I growled, digging my fingers into her hips. Aria took a long swig of her wine, emptying half of the glass in one go, and shivered as I continued my assault on her neck. There wasn't one night in the last two weeks that I haven't made love to her. Every night has been slow and passionate, the darkened bedrooms of our beach house and now our villa filling with cries of desire. Tonight, I knew, would be no different.

***

The next morning was a bit of a rush. We woke up around eight in the morning to finish cleaning up the villa and packing our things, and then we were off to the airport again by ten. Two and a half hours later, we were landing in Paris, France, for the final week of our honeymoon. We caught a cab to our hotel, where I had booked a suite for us on the top floor. Aria squealed and ran around like a little kid in a toy store the second we walked in, just as she had when we'd arrived in Italy. I only smirked and carried out bags in, setting them down and collapsing on the king sized bed, sighing sleepily as I rolled onto my back. A few moments later, the bed shifted beneath me and I looked over to see Aria sitting cross legged beside me, with her phone in her hands. She sniffled slightly, then began typing something on her phone. I rolled over and laid my head on her thigh, my hand wrapping gently around her ankle. "What's wrong?" I asked softly.