Chapter 30 - Purple Skies

A/N: Just a short update because I found this gif and wanted an excuse to use it. Also, make sure you read the author's note on the last chapter, I need at least one opinion on what you guys wanna see next, lol <3

            Aria and I spent the better part of that afternoon in bed. I'm sure you could guess why. She was absolutely perfect, in every way. Unfortunately, that outfit from Victoria's Secret didn't last very long once I climbed into bed with her, but our passion did. Now, I laid stark naked on my back, my fiancée sprawled over me. Our legs tangled with each other and the sheets, and Aria's hand traced meaningless patterns on my chest, her fingers twisting and playing with my sparse bit of chest hair. I breathed deeply, my nose pressed into her golden hair, and I could feel her lips turn up into a smile.

We'd been lying this way for a while now, about an hour or so after we'd finished making love, and the sun was just beginning to set outside our window. At the moment, it cast a bright, almost gaudy, orange glow into the hotel room. My phone was still playing music at random from across the room, and I was still pretending not to notice. At the moment, it was playing a song called, Mother, by Danzig. I smirked slightly at the ridiculousness of it, then shifted slightly to wrap both arms tighter around my fiancée. She cuddled closer to me, moving her hand from my chest to the side of my neck. She kissed my neck gently, sighing in a way that made my heart beat just a little bit faster.

I turned my head slightly and pressed a kiss to her forehead, lingering there a moment longer than necessary, just to make her look up at me. I pressed my lips to hers then, kissing her slowly and carefully. I pushed my tongue lazily against hers, drawing a soft hum from her lips, and then I pulled away. She smiled at me, her eyes glazed over in bliss, and I smiled back. I hugged her close again, then looked towards the big window that overlooked the city. The orange glow was beginning to fade to a vibrant pink, and I suddenly felt the urge to get up. I gently climbed out from under Aria, kissing her head as she looked at me curiously. She smiled at me as I walked around the bed to find my boxers and my shirt, and then she laid her head back down on a pillow.

I buttoned up my shirt most of the way, keeping the top two undone, and pulled my boxers crookedly onto my hips. I grabbed a pen and my notebook, then wandered out onto the balcony, leaving the door open behind me since it was warm out. I leaned on the railing for a moment, just taking in the sunset over the Las Vegas strip. There were still cars and people moving up and down the busy street of course, but with the pink haze of the evening falling over them, there was something strangely calming about it. I leaned my notebook against the railing, still using it to support myself as well, and carefully touched my pen to the blank page.

You were the song stuck in my head
Every song that I've ever loved
Played again and again and again....

I paused there, just thinking. I wasn't sure if I was writing a song, or just letting out my emotions. Either way, the words that popped into my head next made me smirk at myself.

And we danced, we danced
To Rancid, and we danced, we danced
....

I stared down at the words on the page, unaware that Aria had gotten out of bed as well. I could feel myself physically relax as her arms slid around my waist and she rested her head against my back. I held my notebook and pen with one hand, reaching my other hand to my waist to hold hers. She didn't move, so I tentatively wrote down another line.

And I spin for you like your favorite records used to....

I closed the notebook then, satisfied with it for now, and tossed it onto a chair beside me. I slowly turned in Aria's arms, making her lift her head and look up at me with a sleepy smile. She was wearing nothing but a tight fitting black t-shirt and the lacy black panties that had gone with her now ruined teddy. I smirked and pulled her hips against mine as I leaned my back against the railing. I leaned down and rested our foreheads together, just looking into her bright blue eyes.

The sun faded behind me, the sky quickly turning from pale pink to deep purple. Aria's blue eyes shone in the moonlight that began to wash over us, like two little points of light in the gathering darkness. She blinked and my heart lurched, like I couldn't bear to look away from her eyes for even half of a second. She moved her head then, leaning into me and nuzzling herself just under my chin. I sighed and closed my eyes, holding her close. I felt her yawn and I gently lifted her away from me, smirking at her. I nodded towards the hotel room and she smiled, taking my hand and leaning me with her back inside. I grabbed my notebook and pen on the way.

Aria brought me back to bed and we climbed under the covers. I sat up against the headboard and turned on my bedside lamp, not yet ready to sleep, but Aria curled up beside me with her head leaning against my hip. She was out within seconds of me running my fingers through her hair. I gently removed my fingers and took up my notebook again, suddenly realizing that my phone battery had finally given out. It sat dead on the coffee table, but I still had music playing in my heart. The music moved my hand to the page again, and now I knew for sure that I was writing another song.

And I can't, I can't, I can't remember
Just how to forget, forget the way
That we danced, we danced
To Danzig, and we danced, we danced....