Part 9

"See you totally have it down." Jake smiled as he stepped back and watched me play a song on the guitar. Ever since he kissed me a week ago nothings been awkward at all, and actually were we closer.

"Wait what song is this again?" I asked as I focused on the chords.

"Its Kalin and Myles song reverse acoustic style."

"I like it." Is smiled to myself.

"Hey Mckenna you sound really good." A boy named Tristan complemented me. I finished the song and smiled at his random complement.

"Thanks Tristan, Im not to good at it yet but Im getting there!" I thanked him as Jake turned away a bit and pretended to mess around with some papers.

"No you're so good! Keep it up." He gave me a smile again and then walked away. I looked over to Jake to ask if he wanted to try to ditch but he looked mad.

"Hey whats wrong?" I touched his shoulder leaning closer to him.

"Nothing." He cleared his face and put on a fake smile. "Wanna ditch?" He asked.

"Yeah" I nodded and then started quietly packing my guitar up with Jake.

"Excuse me Mr.Parrish and Ms. Wright where do you two think you're going?" Our teacher asked.

I thought of an excuse quickly and pretended to fall off the ledge Jake and I were sitting all dramatically. I secretly winked at Jake as I slipped down to the floor, he immediately understood.

Jake acted like he was all surprised and concerned as our teacher got all flustered and tried helping me, Jake brushed him off. "Mr. Stuart Mckenna was feeling really dizzy so I was gonna take her down to the nurse before you came over." He pretended to help me up and get our guitar cases.

Mr. Stuart looked at me with concern on his face and nodded. "Ok, I hope you feel better Ms. Wright, make sure that you and Jake work on that song for the presentation."

I nodded as Jake held me and pretended to help me out of the music room. As soon as we turned the corner he let me go but slipped his hand into mine and innocently looked at me.

"Just in case you still feel dizzy." He joked as we went to our lockers to get our boards and leave.