Part 5

My alarm blarred music loudly waking me up from my dream, I grunted and rolled over to turn it off. I heard a little knock in my door and then the door flew open exposing a shirtless Kalin brushing his teeth.

"Wake up!" He attempted to say with his mouth full of foam.

I grabbbed a near by pillow and chucked it at him, he quickly dodged it by slamming the door shut. I rolled back over and looked at my phone for a bit when I realized I only had 30 mins, I jumped out of bed and threw on some shorts and an oversized t-shirt that was left in my room, Im guessing it was Kalins. I tied off the side of the shirt so it fit better and slipped on my vans. I grabbed a bag that Aunt Star had given me the night before that had a notebook and a few pens in it and raced to the bathroom to brush my teeth and put some makeup on. I applied some BB cream that Aunt Star had also given me to even out my skin and then applied my normal winged eyeliner and mascara, I pulled out my semi damp hair from the bun it was in last night and let the curls fall over my shoulders.

"Come on M!" I heard Kalin yell from downstairs. I threw the makeup back in my room and then went downstairs to the kitchen to grab an apple.

"Its open campus so we can go have lunch if you want." Kalin said as he grabbed his keys and we went out to the car.

"Sounds good to me." I said as I got into his car. He played Chris Brown and Eric Bellinger during the 5 min car ride to the big high school. He quickly zipped through the student parking lot to his parking space.

"Ok so the front office is right over there." He pointed towards the front of the building. "Go there and get your schedule and then text me, ok?"

"Ok" I replied as I started towards the building.

"Oh and Im pretty sure Jake has office aid first period so he should be able to help you." Kalin winked at me. I shook my head at him and continued walking.

When I finally made it to the huge front doors that lead to the front office I started feeling anxious, and not because of the new school, but because I was about to see Jake.

I took a deep breath and entered the cool air conditioned office. Sure enough Jake sat at the front desk on his phone. As soon as the door closed behind me his head shot up and a huge smile crept onto his face.

"Mckenna!" He greeted me happily.

"Hey Jake, I wanted to get my schedule."

"Oh forsure!" He started shuffling through papers as an older woman with a bright pink blouse and perfectly styled brown hair sat next to Jake in front of the computer and put a headset on.

"Hi dear." She greeted me. "Do you have this one Jake?" She asked as she typed on the computer.

"Yeah, Ms. Lauper this is my friend Mckenna, she just moved here." He introduced me to the receptionist as he finally pulled out a file and examined it, he pulled a paper out and set it out on the counter in front of me.

"Here it is." I looked over the schedule,

1st per. Biology

2nd per. English

3rd per. Geometry

4th per. History

5th per. Acoustic music

6th per. Physical training

"Do you have any of these classes?" I asked him quietly while Ms. Lauper answered calls.

"Yeah I have Geometry and Acoustic music, and also Mr. Kinney the geometry teacher has 1st lunch so we have lunch together too." He smiled.

"Do you want to change anything?" He whispered I looked over the schedule and pointed at the Physical Training, he chucked and pulled out a slip.

"Hey Ms. Lauper is Mrs. Swan's 6th period Aerobic and Yoga full?"

She clicked on her computer until she found what she was looking for. "No, there are 2 spots available."

"Perfect can we switch student 10B2015 out of Field's 6th period Physical training to Swan's?"He asked as be filled out some form.

"Sure, whats the reason?" She typed into the computer.

"Umm, inaccurate credits." Jake stumbled

She nodded and then printed out a new schedule, Jake got up and got the schedule and handed it to me. "Ill see you at 3rd period." He winked.

"See ya." I said trying to sound like his wink didn't effect my heart rate at all.

I walked down the hall looking for Room 106 as I began my first day as a regular high school student.