Part 4

"Here lemme show you." Jake stepped on the board and pushed off. I stood with my foot on an extra board that Jake and I found in the back of Myles car. "Ok push off the ground and put your foot on the board." Jake instructed me. "Tilt a little left so you can come to me." I nervously pushed off like he said and slowly started rolling towards him until I started loosing my balance and fell into Jake, he stumbled back and we both fell into the grass next to the sidewalk. I burst out laughing with Jake as I rolled off top him. "You ok?" he asked hysterically laughing.

"Jake are you seriously? I fell on top of you! Are you ok?" I laughed with him.

"Im fine." He helped me up. "How bout I help you stay on the board." He helped me up on the penny board and lightly guided me by resting his hands on my waist.

__

After about an hour I got the hang of it and we were able to skate down to an ice cream shop.

"So are you excited to go back to school?" Jake made small talk as we cruised down the sidewalk.

"Are you kidding?" I laughed "You're the only reason Im going." I accidentally admitted.

"Oh really?" Jake smiled.

"Well I mean cause you're the only person I really know." I tried to correct myself.

"Well theres only like 2 months left, so it wont be that bad." He said as we rounded the corner to the ice cream shop. "Plus the office ladies loves me so we can change your schedule if you dont like it." He smiled as he kicked up his board and opened the door for me, I grabbed my board and thanked him.

Jake ended up paying for me even though I told him multiple times that I could pay for myself. We sat outside and talked for hours until it started to get dark.

"Hey Jake we should probably get back, its getting dark." I said as I mounted my board, we rode back to the house as Myles was getting into his car.

"Ayy its a good thing you just got back, I was gonna make you skate home." Myles said as he got in the car. I laughed and turned to Jake. "I had a lot of fun today, Thank you for everything."

"No problem, umm Ill see you Monday I guess." He swallowed and then suddenly embraced me, it scared me at first but then I relaxed and hugged him back.

"Hey! little middle schoolers! Quit hugging and get in the car, Im super hungry." Myles yelled out the window.

"Whatever Myles!" Jake let go and looked at me again. "Ill see you later." He smiled.