Chapter 22

We're all walking home together, singing cheerful victory tunes to help us along the way.

Jeff and Ben are practically screaming as the sing, not caring about being heard as country dogs howl along to the melody.

Jack, Jane, and Sally sing behind them, at a normal tone.

Slenderman is humming softly, but audibly as Masky and Hoodie stay quiet, enjoying the scenery.

What a victory.

My weary legs only barely manage to carry me home, often almost giving in and awkwardly making me lean into Toby accidentally as he helps me walk.

Jake is by my side, softly singing his own song. It was familiar but I can't place it with a tired mind.

Once we make it home, everyone plops down on the couches and love seats of the lounge, falling asleep upon impact. Jake wishes me a good nights rest and wearily trudges to his room.

Toby walks me to my room, entering and closing the door behind us. I eagerly crawl into the warmth and comfort of my bed, and Toby soon joins. I feel his strong arms wrap around me tightly as he whispers in my ear.

"You did great, now you can rest, my dear."

I smile and manage a last few words before drifting to sleep.

"I love you, Toby."

___________

I wake up in my bed, the windows open and the bright sun lighting up the room.

I feel the warmth again and begin to turn over, expecting Comet to be by my side again, but to my surprise, It's a shirtless Toby.

I smile at the nice surprise waiting for me, looking over his body. His skin pale and almost grey, his back well-toned and strong, my eyes wandering to his biceps and triceps, not too large, cuddled around a pillow. His chocolate hair sprawled out on the pillow, embracing it gently.

I leave the sleep-deprived boy to sleep, crawling out of bed and picking an outfit from my solemn old dresser.

I look at Toby once more before exiting the room.

This man, so unfamiliar, yet so close...

'My lover'

I smiles softly before gently closing the door, walking away and listening to the soft patter of my quieted footsteps amongst the wooden floor.

A wonderful sound.

I stretch and walk to the bathroom, getting into the shower and welcoming the warm water to wash me clean of sweat and blood, washing my hair thoroughly as I massage my scalp with delight.

Once I finish I pry myself out of the comfort of the warm shower into the cold air as I quickly run for a towel, drying myself.

I wrap a separate towel around my (H/L) hair, finding it important to keep it healthy by letting it dry on it's own. I stand in front of the fogged mirror, wiping away the condensation to see my face a bit clearer as I being changing into a brand new plain white shirt, tucking it into my light blue jeans and slipping on a new pair of black socks.

I unwrap my hair like a present, gently to save the paper, and let my damp (H/C) hair fall from it's nest.

I grab my hair brush and begin gently battling the tiny tangles, easily taking them out.

I leave the rest of the drying to the air, exiting the humid bathroom and walking to the kitchen, finding Jake there, as always. He seems stuck, looking at a cookbook, deep in thought and scratching his chin.