Chapter 3

"I love you, (Y/N)."

'What, no way!' I exclaim inside my head, there is no way in hell that Toby actually loves me.

He used to hate when the kids teased us, he'd loosen his grip on my hand or stop hugging me, it wasn't a sign that he liked me.

I stare deeply into Toby's eyes as he stares back.

"But you used to act differently when the other kids teased, like you didn't like me." I say and Toby's eyes widen.

"I was 6, being teased more than normal wasn't v-very fun, and what they said was true a-and I didn't want you to find out. But I'm a big boy now and I'm not afraid to a-admit t-that I love you anymore." I said and for some reason tears stream down my face and I jump and hug Toby.

"W-why are you crying (Y/N)?" Toby ask in a concerned voice as sweet and gentle as an angel's.

I laugh a little into Toby's chest, "I don't know, I guess I'm just happy." I smile and Toby snakes his arms around me and pulls my back, I open my eyes to see I'm laying on Toby's chest in bed.

"I'm happy too, (Y/N), but it's late... y-you should sleep." He says kissing my forehead and laying back on my pillow.

"Toby. will you be here when I wake up?" I ask quietly waiting for an answer.

"I probably won't be, I have to go home and check in with Slenderman, I won't be visiting you for a few days, but I'll come here immediately when I get back. I promise." Toby says.

"Alright, Toby..." Is all I say before I drift asleep.

Next day_

I wake up the next morning alone in bed, Every trace of Toby is gone, as if he were never here.

I sigh and get up changing into my favorite (F/C) hoodless pull-over and baby blue skinny jeans, I sit at my desk and open my laptop, I pull up a new tab on google an look up 'Ticci-Toby'.

Tons of stories and blogs pop up in the results, I click the first blog and it's an all about Ticci-toby fan page.

It told the story of Toby, listed a description of him and his hatchets perfectly, and even had fan art.

There was a list of sightings and they were all here in town, maybe Toby was looking for me... And when he went to the Movies and saw me he remembered me and didn't kill me.

I'm deep in thought when I hear a knock at my door.

"Come in!" I shout and Jake walked in and sat on my bed.

"Wanna go shopping? I saved money from work, it'll be a late birthday gift." he says smirking and I shut my laptop and excitedly jump and slip on my Toms and head out the house following a chuckling Jake.

When we get to the mall I immediately run into Hot topic and find my favorite bands' new shirts and buy them without hesitation.

I find a cute black and white checkered dress and buy that thinking it'd be cute to where when Toby comes over again.

With a smile Jake pays for the clothes and a few he picked out and we head to the food court to have lunch.

We talk during Lunch.

"You had really better listen to Mary and Austin, Not having a window for a couple of years sucks, man." he says and I giggle.

"I figured." I tell him and take a bite of my slice of pizza we bought.

"But don't worry, girly, I only have a couple of months until I'm 18 and the city's Child Protection Services hook me up with a sweet new house, and when that happens I'm going to take you with me." He says smiling at me and I'm shocked.

"Are you serious?" I ask staring right at Jake as he smiles.

"Yeah, if you want, that is." he says biting his pizza.

"YES!" I exclaim and smile so big it hurts my face, Jake chuckles at me acting like a goof.

I can't wait to be free and with my Best friend.

After wandering around the Mall a bit more me and Jake go to the Zoo and stare at animals for awhile having an amazing time when suddenly Jake grabs my hand and swings it as we walk, I think nothing of it since we are Best friends but I can't help but blush when people stare.

Jake just continues to smile and point at animals like normal so I go along with it.

"I've already gotten pictures of the house they are giving me on my birthday, It's in the country it's on a hill, it's pretty big and it's mostly windows so a lot of view and sun just like you like it, there's three rooms and they already said a roommate might be best, when I suggested you they said they would see and get it all worked out before my birthday." Jake explained while we were resting at a bench with a bag of popcorn.

"They house sounds amazing and I'd love to live with you, Jake." I tell him and he stares at me with that gentlemenly smile of his and those stupid butterflies invalde my stomach and I metally slap myself.

'No! You like Toby!' I remind myself.

"You'll still be homeschooled though." he said and I smiled greatful, I really like home schooling because I'm hard to get along with so I wouldn't have many friends.

Jake continues to hold my hand all the way home, even in the car.

When we got home Jake invited me to his room, I liked his room, it was bright with several windows unlike mine and the carpet was soft and pretty, his walls were painted black and served as a chalkboard and lastly he had a cool PC set up.

"Come on in." Jake said and I walked in and sat on his bed, he plopped down beside me.

"I really can't wait until we move out!" I exclaim excitedly and Jake smiles at me.

"Yeah, it's gonna be great." Jake says and I lay back happily.

"Living with you this past year has made me so happy that I couldn't leave without you, (Y/N). I'd miss you way too much." He smiles. "Plus I don't want you to be in foster care all of your life, so I'm going to give you the childhood I never had." Jake says and lays down next to me and turns on his side to look at me.

I just smile and think of how awesome that's going to be, but I'd have to inform Toby about this.

I'm really excited.

________________

I'll update soon. tell me if you like the story please! Thank you for reading. Love you guys ♡ Bye!

P.s. Sorry for any misspellings or incorrect grammar.

¤ Madi ¤