Chapter 19

I wake up in a pitch black room.

My head is pounding, I can't see a thing.

I call out to Toby.

"(Y/N)!" Toby's raspy voice calls back to me.

"T-Toby... where are you... I can't see a thing." I stutter, quivering in fear.

Suddenly I feel a hand on my wrist.

I gasp.

"Don't worry, it's just me." Toby's voice whispers in my ear, hushing me.

His arms wrap around me in a tight hug, pressing my head against his chest protectively.

"I'm so sorry." He whispers, squeezing me tightly.

"Toby... I'm scared..." I tell him, trembling into the hug.

"Don't worry, I'm here. I'll protect you with my life." Toby reassures me.

"W-where are we?" I ask, pulling away from the hug, holding Toby's hand tightly as my eyes slowly start to adjust.

"We're in a holding cell in Zalgo's castle in the underworld. We just have to hold off until either the guards or our friends come for us." He tells me and I see the silhouette of his head move a bit, looking left and right.

"How can you see?" I ask him, hoping I'm looking at him.

"I have adapted to it, I hunt at night." He tells me simply.

"Right. I forgot."

Toby starts to move, holding my hand and bringing me along.

I stay by his side as he moves against the walls, looking for a door or a light switch, anything.

He seems to find something, making a small triumphant noise.

Suddenly the door opens, two shadow figures dressed as guards grab each of us, taking us somewhere. Toby stays calm and signals to me to do the same.

I do as instructed, walking where I'm lead.

I watch our surroundings, finding it difficult due to almost no light.

I do notice eerie moans coming from the walls as we pass paintings and statues that line the obsidian walls of the castle.

The floors as stone and difficult to walk on, pointy in places and smooth in others. I had to watch where I walked or I'd trip.

We pass a series of rooms, each with horrific monsters inside, growling and hissing at us hungrily.

One of the monsters reaches out at me, scratching my arm. I hiss as blood flows from the newly formed cut.

The guard slams his fist into the monster's face, growling at it.

"Zalgo's, don't touch."

Toby scowls at the words, a low grumble coming from his throat.

"Mine." He speaks with a crack in his neck.

The guards ignore him as we enter a long hallway with giant door at the end.

The walk seems to take an eternity, there are no painting lining this hall, only wild groans of pain and screams that seem to come from far away.

I feel my blood drip down my arm and onto the ground where it sizzles.

We reach the giant wooden doors, they open on their own.

On the other side is Lord Zalgo, floating on his throne and waiting, a bored expression on his face, turning into a delighted malicious smile upon seeing Toby and I.

"What a surprise." Zalgo chuckles darkly, as if he wasn't expecting us.

Toby growls sharply at the demon, floating over to us slowly, amused.

"What do you want with us, Zalgo?" Toby spits his venomous words.

Zalgo smiles wider.

"I want to test this human. How long can she last in hell before she breaks." He speaks, walking over to me with authority.

Toby tries to pull his arms away, wanting to attack Zalgo.

Zalgo purrs at me, touching my face with his cold scaley hands.

I whimper at the touch.

Such nice noises for me, young one.

I close my eyes, scared.

Zalgo laughs more.

"Release them. Leave." Zalgo snaps, as the guards to as told, standing by the big doors behind us.

My knees are weak as the powerful demon's eyes remain on me.

Toby starts to charge Zalgo, but stops when he sees how close he is to me.

Zalgo could very easily kill me.

I'm too scared and weak to fight back.

I would die.

My mind raced, panic surging through my veins, causing my heart to pound like a drum.

Zalgo watched us both closely before smiling wider.

"I've come up with a brilliant idea." He chuckles madly. "I'll put you two in my biggest arena, with all my familiars, if you can kill them all, I will let you leave. If you fail, you will die: torn apart by my familiars. I'll even invite your little friends to spectate, so be sure to put on a good show." Zalgo barks a loud roar of laughter.

Toby grits his teeth and runs over to me, hugging me tightly.

"She's never killed, she can't." Toby shouts at Zalgo. "I'll go alone."

Zalgo frowns at Toby, throwing a strong forceful blow to his stomach, throwing him to the doors behind us. I scream in horror and rush to his side, helping him up.

"I'm not one to negotiate, Tobias. I make the rules, you follow." Zalgo says simply.

"Fine, we'll do it! Just don't hurt him anymore!" I cry out, hugging Toby tightly.

He wraps an arm around me protectively.

Zalgo chuckles in delight, turning and sitting at his throne.

"Wonderful, we'll start tonight. Get some rest, you'll need it. And Tobias, you might want to brush her up on combat skills, she'll need it." Zalgo smiles. "Guards, take them to the weaponry station, if they try to escape, I will kill them myself." He says, the smile washing away with his words.

"Go." He says simply and the guards grab us again, leading us to the weaponry chambers.

___________________

Sorry it's short. I really wanted to get an update up. This is my favorite story.

If you guys haven't read, I announced Skyler is coming back on my Slendy sequel, so I'd you hate it without her, she'll be back soon.

Hope you enjoyed.

I love you guys.

Later, Tater. ♡

- Madi.

I hope I englished right.