Chapter 16

"YOU!"

Toby charges Jack who pulls looks for his scalpel, dodging Toby and cutting his arm.

I gasps as blood rushes out of the open wound, watching in horror at the showdown before us.

Jack laughs. "What a welcome. You need to work on manners, Tobias."

Jack lunges at Toby, taking a jab at him chest, stabbing him deep and twisting his deadly weapon inside of him. Toby doesn't even flinch, he uses his orange handled hatchet to grapple onto Jack's shoulder, latching on and swinging him to the ground.

Toby is on him in a second, punching and beating the masked man to the ground. Jack's masks shatters, revealing an ash colored face with deep gouging holes where his eyes should be and a carnivorous razor-toothed smile.

His eye holes seem to lead to another dimension.

Toby reaches for his hatchet, trying to finish him off but Jack throws Toby off of him before he reaches his weapon, slamming him into a tree trunk. His head is now bloody from the impact, but still he seems unharmed.

Toby is back on Jack in the blink of an eye, trying his best to deal some serious damage.

Jack laughs maniacally.

"You're like an annoying dog, never leaves until it gets what it wants, even if what it desires is far from its reach. You puny mutt, you'll never kill me." Suddenly Jack leaps behind me, grabbing me tightly and pressing his scalpel to my neck. "But I can kill this little piglet easily."

Jake tries to run at Jack, but Toby stops him again.

"Toby!? What the hell! Let me go, we have to save her!" Jake screams.

"Well if you do that, you're going to get her killed quicker." Toby spits with venom in his words.

Jake sighs, impatient, turning and punching a tree, hard.

I try not to breathe, my lungs hurt, my everything hurts.

Jack laughs again and whispers softly in my ear.

"It's sad when a dove no longer represents peace and hope. Let me break you, Dove."

Jack moves his arm a little, his blade cutting into my neck.

I hiss in pain, my blood flowing, much like my tears.

Masky and Hoodie are whispering to each other, as if planning something.

I try to muster up the last of my strength, focusing.

I remember in girl scouts, they taught us how to escape an attacker.

'Step on their foot, elbow the ribcage, and run.' I remember the steps in my head.

I quickly and painfully move, slamming down on Jack's foot, and elbowing him as hard as I can. Jack let's go of me in pain, I fall to the ground, the last of my strength knocked out of my body.

Faster than I can think, Hoodie swoops down and picks me up, leaping through the air and into a tree as Masky hits him over the head with a heavy tree branch.

I watch as Toby tackles the boy on the ground, Masky holding his arms as He hacks them off.

Jack cries out in pain.

Blood sprays everywhere.

I hear Jake vomiting.

Hoodie presses my face into his shoulder, shielding my eyes from the gore of the battle.

I can't move.

I can't block out those screams.

They keep going.