Chapter 13

I tremble as I walk the streets in the cold air, exhausted from running. I'm down my street, hugging myself in my sweater.

I reach out for the doorknob, hearing the click as it opens, walking in and locking it behind me. I start to trudge to my room, but fall to my knees in front of the door, breaking into tears.

I hold my face in my hands and cry, mewling Toby's name weakly as I sob.

I cry until I can cry no more, think of Toby. How could he leave me like this without a word... I was so hurt..

It felt like I had been tripped and fell onto a million knives. It felt like someone had a firm grip on my heart, and they were squeezing tighter and tighter every second until my heart just exploded. I didn't know what to think of feel. All I could do was cry.

_____________

I woke up the next morning in my bed. I get up, looking around, wondering how I got here. I hear the distant sound of the TV in the next room. I look out my window, the bright beautiful tree leaves of the woods almost protruding through the open windows. The outside looked to beautiful with my dark gray almost black walls. I stand up, stretching and putting on my slippers before going to the living room.

Jake is on the couch, laying down, head turned to watch the TV.

"Hey, Jake." I say upon entering the room.

"Hey, kiddo." He says, looking at me and sitting up with a smile. "Just wondering, why were you asleep at the doorstep at 4 a.m. this morning?" Jake asks.

"Uh... I must have... sleepwalked?"

"I've known you for 2 years kid, and I have never known you to sleepwalk. Stop sneaking out so late, kiddo. I don't want you to get hurt or taken away when you get caught because I'm 'Not fit for parenting'." Jake says, using air quotations dramatically.

"Sorry." I say with a sigh. "I just had to go see Toby..." I almost cry just saying his name.

"Oh, how is he by the way?"

I don't answer.

"(Y/N)?" Jake looks at me, and I lose it, breaking that easily.

I sob, being pulled into a hug by Jake. He rubs my back to comfort me.

"H-he left.." I sniffle, in between sobs.

"What? You mean he dumped you? That little sh-"

"No.. I mean he left town... I don't know where he went... and I miss h-him so much..." I cry louder, squeezing Jake as I cry into his chest.

______________________

I have Writers' block. And depression. Sorry. It's also 2 a.m. here, so I'm half asleep writing this. So I'll update some other time.

Later.

- Madi.