"Did you find something?" he asked. She nodded, pointing at a small plush of a husky puppy.

"Are you gonna get it?"

"I would but I have no money." she frowned.

Natsu reached up and grabbed the toy. Lucy watched him curiously as he went over to the cash register and paid for it. He walked back over and handed it to her.

"There. It's all yours." he smiled. She looked back and forth at him and the toy in amazement.

"Really?!"

"Uh, yeah. I just paid for it."

"Yay! Thank you Natsu!" she squealed, engulfing him into a hug and placing a light kiss on his cheek. Natsu blushed, slightly at the action but also due to the fair amount of stairs they were gaining.

"Let's just go back to the guild. Happy! We're leaving."

"Aye!"

As they walked back to the guild, Lucy cradled the stuffed dog in her arms, petting it like a real puppy. She let a small yawn once they were in front of the guild doors. Natsu kicked open the doors; Lucy ran straight to the bar to show Mira her new gift.

"Mira! Mira! Look! Natsu bought this for me!" she cheerfully told her.

"My, my, Lucy. You sure are as happy as Asuka would be over this." Mirajane chuckled.

"It's a cute toy! Why wouldn't I be happy?!" Lucy replied. She then saw Erza sitting next to her, calmly eating her strawberry cheesecake. "Is there any more of that Mira?" asked the childish girl while pointing at the dessert.

"Nope, sorry. Erza cleared us out." Mira gave her a smile. Lucy pouted before turning to Erza. She tapped on her shoulder, causing the scarlet to peak an eye open.

"Can I have a bite of your cake?" Lucy pleaded. The whole guild fell silent. Everyone knew how Erza got about her precious dessert. How did Lucy forget?

Natsu quickly rushed over, cursing under his breath. He got right on the other side of Lucy, seeing Erza's expression. It looked like she was contemplating a life or death situation.

Finally, Erza caved and quickly handed Lucy a small piece of the cheesecake. Lucy thanked her and ate her share. The whole guild was in shock that Erza actually shared with someone.

"I can't believe I fell for the puppy dog eyes. She looked like an actual child." murmered Erza as she ate the rest of the cake.

Mira leaned over the bar top, whispering to Natsu, "Why is Lucy so different?"

He sighed and explained what had happened while they were out on their job. Mirajane giggled. "Looks like it's about to end." She pointed over to Lucy who had fallen asleep at the bar.

"I'll take her home." Natsu said.

"Good idea."

He placed the sleeping girl on his back once more, her hand tightly holding on to the plush dog. Some guild mates waved him off as he headed out. Lucy mumbled a few things here and there in her sleep.

It was quite hard to comprehend what was being said due to the outside noise and the wind. When he finally got to the apartment, he placed her on the bed. He tucked her in and made sure she was comfortable.

Just as he was about to head into the kitchen, Lucy sat up while rubbing her eyes.

"Wait Natsu, come here real quick." she said in a sleepy voice.

"Uh, okay?" he was confused at the request but went over anyways.

She moved herself over and had him lay down next to her, before cuddling into his side. Her face was resting in the crook of his neck while an arm lay resting across his chest.

"Goodnight." she whispered.

Natsu wrapped an arm around, closing his eyes too. "Goodnight, you dork."

"You're the dork." she retorted.

"But I'm your dork." he chuckled.

"Oh, shut up." she said, before finally falling back asleep. Her soft snores were the only noise he heard.

Natsu smiled to himself, feeling himself about to drift off. "I love you, Lucy. I really do."

_______________

yo i've been lagging with updates and im so sorry. i have all these ideas in my head and then i go to write and my brain just goes dead smh. only a few more chapters left and a few epilogues!

i also have a new story idea but im not sure when i'll publish it....