1.

Lauren's POV

My first day at a new school. I didn't like it. I didn't want to be here. I wanted to be back in Miami with my friends, eating ice scream and taking pictures of everything around town. But instead I'm here, in StoneWood, Ohio. Far away from home because my father wanted to escape.

I don't know what he wanted to escape...he wasn't the one harboring a really bad secret...oh wait...he was. And he was forcing me to keep it to myself.

I held my books tightly to my chest as I walked into the very large school. I looked around biting my lower lip nervously.

"Hi!"

I jumped back in fright when a small girl with long brown curly hair, a big smile and, brown eyes jumped in front of me. Behind her stood a boy with red dyed hair. He wore a smaller, shyer smile.

I waved my hand once in acknowledgment to the girl, trying to steady my rapidly beating heart.

"I'm Carly Rose Soneclar. You must be the new girl, Lauren Jauregi? Right?"

I winced when the girl pronounced my name wrong but I didn't speak up and just nodded.

"Great! I was assigned to show you to the main office!" Carly smiled so widely it almost looked fake. I just nodded my head as an okay.

She spun around on her heels and immediately began walking. I had to quickly speed walk to keep up with her. She walked really fast.

"This is my best friend, Michael by the way. Michael Clifford," Carly said as she motioned towards the red haired boy who was effortlessly walking beside her.

Before anyone could take another step though the hall way grew quiet. Michael stopped walking and held his arm out to stop Carly.

"Look. They're back," he said as he pointed towards the main entrance. Carly turned around and I followed suit to see what was so interesting.

9 people walked into the school in what almost looked like slow motion. They were all pretty good looking. There 5 boys and 4 girls. The first boy had blonde hair and a lip ring. He was the tallest. The second was the second tallest and had black hair. He had one of the girls, really short blonde, hanging off his arm and they were talking animatedly. The third boy had brown hair that was gelled into a quiff. The next was a blonde haired boy who was smiling and looked to be annoying a boy who had black hair with a blonde streak in it. He looked like the bad boy type. He had a serious look on his face.

The girls consisted of a really pretty girl who seemed to be Latina. The short blonde girl who may be that one tall boy's girlfriend. A girl with curly black hair and a really pretty smile. And another girl who had darker skin who seemed to have laughed at something the tallest boy said.

I watched as they walked past us and towards a set of lockers. The short blonde, the Latina, and the dark skinned girl opened their lockers and the others all had their arms crossed, possibly waiting for them to be finished.

"I can't believe they're back," Carly spoke up as we watched them.

I wanted to ask who they were but I couldn't speak. I bit my lower lip and tapped Carly's shoulder, Michael and Carly both turned to look at me. I raised an eyebrow silently. I nodded in their direction.

"Them? They're The Royals. They're kind of like a gang," Michael said with a shrug.

"Kind of? They are," Carly whispered.

"No they aren't," Michael argued, he looked at me,"They really aren't."

"They're just as dangerous though," Carly interrupted,"They are the 10 most dangerous people in this city."