Pain & love

Ella 's pov:

We went to have ice cream after dinner. Asher said that it will be the perfect end since we did that on our first date. Yet my excitement for this date disappeared when I saw Xander's darkening features. I knew that he is going to throw another tantrum; his fisted hands were a sign, his dark green orbs were filled with venom. And even though, I know that he has no right whatsoever to stop my date but I myself regretted pushing his buttons this much. I know that something bad is going to happen. I can just feel it.

"What's wrong, nerd?" Asher questioned as he parked in front of the mansion

"Nothing" I tried to deny my worry

"He likes you" Asher added simply with a small smile

"Xander? No he loves Linda" I replied sadly

"He does not give a shit about her. His eyes were glued to you. If he got a chance he might have killed me. And you like no love your husband too" Asher continued sounding a little bit amused

"You are delusional" I tried to deny yet again

"Come on Ella. You didn't hear a word from what I said since we left them alone. You were just nodding your head even when I said that I am an astronaut" Asher tried to argue

"I am sorry about that" I apologized feeling bad

"It is okay Ella. I really like you and I enjoyed your company a lot but I can see the care you hold for him. Why didn't you tell him?" Asher questioned

"He wants a model in his hands and not an overweight girl." I answered feeling tears forming and burning my eyes

"That is stupid. He didn't look at Linda at. All his attention was on you. Why can't you both see that you are in love?" Asher whined

"I may be in love with him but he will never return my feelings." I said while hardly keeping a sob from escaping my lips.

"You both are..." Asher tried to continue but my phone started ringing loudly announcing for him to stop.

"Hello, yes Mrs. King?...Oh my god! Is he okay? What hospital?" immediately my oppressed sobs escaped my mouth and I felt my heart shattering. Tears uncontrollably fell on my cheeks and my breaths became heavy. I knew that something bad is going to happen but I never thought that it might be this bad. I thought that he is going to throw another tantrum at me or even at Asher but I never expected him to be laying on a hospital bed after a car crash. With this news my world crushed; I couldn't sense anything and all voice were shut.

"Ella, nerd, what's wrong?" Asher pleaded.

"Rosemary hospital" I pleaded between sobs

"Okay" Asher agreed without another question and started the car.

I rushed into the reception and asked about him. Room A12 of the first floor; they informed me and all I can do is run to the elevator while Asher followed. Reaching there, I started to pray to find him well. Yet the moment I entered I was greeted by an empty patient bed and the four figures of our parents. They all seemed to be crushed and heartbroken and I responded just by a sob.

Seeing me devastated like that, they all ran to me and hugged me but I didn't find comfort in any hug of theirs. I needed to see him, feel him and make sure that he is okay. Even though, he might refuse me again and blame me for all of this mess but I needed to see him.

"Xander?" I demanded and that was all that I can utter

"He is in surgery" Mr. King uttered as he hugged and comforted his wife.