A Blast From The Past

hey ^^ 

Ella's Pov:

Stupid plan! Stupid emotions and most of all stupid me! How gullible could I be? How naïve am I to believe that the great player Xander king is falling for me? How could I ever imagine that manwhore can like a girl like me? And to make it worse, he isn't a manwhore anymore. The day Caden came to pick up Jenna, Xander came back home with Linda. Since that day, she didn't go back to her house. She moved in with him, I guess.

Xander now is as distant as ever. The most he does to acknowledge me is to ask me "how are you? And how is Jenna?" and that's it. He does not comment about Caden's visits or about what I wear. Not that I liked that before but I missed his show of possessiveness and care. I cried over this and cursed the stupid plan that Maya made me follow. If I divorced him after that stupid kiss I would have saved myself the pain of seeing him with Linda. I would have skipped all the kissing, making out and all the secret hints and obnoxious flirting. But here am I still encaged in the garden house, mending a broken heart.

The door ringed and I kind of anticipated the visitor. I did after babysit he is daughter when he was on one of his "friendly appointments" with Maya. And don't you dare call it a date or both of them will flip and assure you for hours that they are totally platonic and mere close friends. But I can see how she blushes and how he tensed whenever I teased them. I hope that they will confess and give it a try. At least my friends will have a shot at happiness.

I stood and opened the door and as expected there he was with Maya. I let them both in and I can sense happiness radiating from them. Even Jenna smiles and giggles when she sees them. How lucky are they! I wish that I didn't fall for Xander. I wish that I never knew him. I wish for my heart to stop hurting!

"We need to take you out. You can't be sad forever. That stupid jerk of best friend we have does not deserve you" Maya said as she caught my sad expressions.

"I am in no mood to go out." I replied honestly.

"Ella there is this party this evening and we, that means you included, are going" Maya insisted

"I am in no mood for parties. What should I celebrate exactly; the failed arranged marriage I have or that my husband is finally committed to another woman or best of all my broken heart." I yelled feeling frustrated.

That moment all the tears and emotions that have been holding were let loose. I felt my heart aching and my breaths became heavy. If this is how people feel when they are in love then I have no interest to fall. I just want to go back to the old Ella. I want to be the careless, free, stubborn soul that I was. I want to have my assertive voice back. I want to be free of Xander's cruse.

"El, I swear this is for your own good. You need some distraction and even a divorce." Caden interfered as Maya and Jenna came to hug me.

"A divorce" I mumbled feeling all my walls breaking and my heart stopping from the echo of such a word.

"Sweetie, you need to put an end to this. He caused you too much pain." Maya uttered slowly as if to shake some sense into me.

"I am not able to face him now or ask him for a divorce and hand him to Linda for once and for all. And what about our parents and their friendship?" I sobbed

"Then take your time. Heal a little then we will help you face your parents." Maya promised

"okay." I replied simply but couldn't stop my tears from falling.

"Girls, I will leave with Jenna. My mum is going to watch her for this evening. I will give you two hours to get ready then I will come and pick you up." Caden said as he picked Jenna