Chapter 19

I wake up to Brian rubbing my belly while he was humming. "Hey babe" I say. "Oh hey? I'm sorry did I wake you?" He asks. "Don't worry about it" I reply. "Okay." He says and looks back down to my belly and continues to hum. "What you thinking?" I ask. "Names" He replies. "Names for the baby?" I ask. "Yeah." he says. "What did you have in mind?" I ask. "For boys I was thinking of Adam..." He replies, looking up to see my expression. "Adam? you mean like Adam and Eve?" I ask. "Yeah exactly!" He replies excitedly. "Yeah that's actually pretty good, I like that." I reply. "What about you? You got any for a girl?" He asks. "Well one actually." I reply. "Yes?" He says. "Lily" I reply. "Lily? Oh wow! Sof that's such a beautiful name! I love it." He replies.

Brian and I get up from where we have been hibernating this whole time and I decide to go have a shower, it wasn't until I took off my clothes that I realized how big I was, "Holy Shit!" I yell to myself while in shock. I've been very lazy lately and have been lying in bed with Brian most days and I hadn't looked at my belly lately because I hated the way I looked these days. All of a sudden Brian comes rushing into the bathroom and opens the door wide open, "Brian!" I yell and cover up my body, as I was practically naked. "What? It's not like I've never seen you like this before." He replies. "What are you even doin in here?" I ask. "I heard you yell." He says. "Oh..." I say while looking down and end up looking at my belly which is the reason I yelled in the first place. Brian walks over to me and stands in front of me, he lifts up my head with his forefinger and makes me look into his eyes, his beautiful eyes. "What's wrong?" He asks softly. "It-it's me... I'm enormous, I'm ugly..." I say. Brian was stunned at what I had just said then looked back down at my belly. "You only just noticed" He finally replies jokingly. "Brian!" I raise my voice and slightly hit him on the arm. "Ow! Aha. You know for a pregnant lady you can hit pretty hard." He says while rubbing his arm. "And don't you forget it." I say with a smirk.

I turn towards the shower which had a step to get up and into it. "You know seeing as I'm here, would you like my help?" Brian asks. "Meaning?" I ask curiously. "Meaning, would you like me to join you?" He says. "Hmm" I say contemplating whether I do or not. Brian starts to get unchanged right then and there, "Brian what are you doing? I hadn't even made up my mind!" I say. "Yeah well, you were taking too long." He says and finishes getting undressed. Brian and I then both get in and have a shower and just when we were almost finished I felt the person inside bash against my stomach. "AGH!" I yell in pain. I was about to fall over but luckily Brian catches me in time. "You alright!?" He asks in panic. "It-it's the baby!" I yell. "Is something wrong?" He asks. I shake my head in frustration, so Brian decides to pick me up and carry me out of the shower, he quickly dries me off then puts a big shirt over me to cover me up, he then lifts me up again and carries me into bed, where he tucks me in. Brian rushes back into the bathroom to get changed then runs back out. He sits himself right next to me on the bed and looks over me, he strokes my head and looks deeply into my eyes. I couldn't believe how caring he was and his instincts that told him what to do in that situation were amazing, I could just imagine what he would be like as a father, he'd be incredible.

I eventually fell asleep. So Brian got up and decided to seek out his mom, "Mom!" Brian yelled throughout the household. "Yes!" Barbra replies popping up behind Brian which frightened him nearly to death. "What is it Brian? I am very busy." She adds. "It-it's Sofia..." Brian says with a worried voice. "What's the matter?" She asks. "I don't really know, all I know is that the baby really hurt her today." Brian replies. "Take me to her." Barbra replies and both her and Brian make their way towards Brian's bedroom. They enter the room and see me lying there fast asleep, "let's try not to wake her." Brian says to Barbra. Barbra nods her head and the both them make their way towards the bed. Barbra sits down next to me on the bed and slowly begins to lift up my shirt and reveal my belly. To both Brian and Barbra's surprise/shock/horror what they saw probably scarred them because my belly was not of a normal healthy pregnant woman's belly, it was swollen, bruised and bright purple. "how the hell did this happen?" Barbra whispers harshly at Brian. "We were having a shower and all of a sudden the baby kicked the hardest it's ever kicked before, she was in so much pain, the most pain I've seen her in." Brian whispers back with a shaky voice. Barbra says nothing more and just nods her head in reply and looks back down at my belly. "I don't know what I can do, she needs to see a doctor." Barbra says. "No Mom, she's been seeing so many doctors lately that we said we didn't want to see any more for a while." Brian says. "Brian, this is serious, you can't just leave her like this" Barbra begins to raise her voice, which causes me to wake up.

"Leave me like what?" I ask rubbing my eyes open. "Sof, your awake!" Brian says stunned. "Well yeah, when the both of you are talking right over me its hard to stay asleep through that." I reply looking up at the both of them. I start to try and sit myself up but struggle to do so, "oww..." I say softly, which causes Brian to freak out a little. "Here, let me." Brian says moving closer to me and helping me sit up, "Thanks." I say, a little embarrassed. "Anyway's what were the two of you talking about? It sounded pretty serious" I ask. "It-it's nothing..." Brian says, Barbara looks at him with an annoyed expression. "How are you feeling?" Barbara suddenly asks. "Sore, the baby kicked me so hard just then." I reply and begin to reach down to touch my belly but Brian and Barbara stop me. "Don't!" They both say. I look at them stunned and curiously, "don't what?... Touch my belly?" I ask. They hesitate to answer and look at each other, I begin to get pissed off. "What is going on here?" I ask in a serious tone. They look back towards me, but Brian looks away. "It's just, your belly must be very sore after how hard the baby kicked you, so we think it's best you just don't touch it..." Barbara says. "Or look at it." Brian adds looking back up at me. "Don't touch... Don't look at it? This is weird, tell me seriously what is happening? Am... Am I alright? No, is the baby alright!?" I ask and start to panic. "We...we honestly don't know..." Brian finally admits.

After a few hours of debating whether or not I should get help, we all eventually came to the agreement that we just want to make sure the baby is alright. So we packed a few things and all got ready to go visit the hospital.

We drove to the hospital and all entered the waiting area for emergency's. There were so many people and all the seats were taken up, there was no way we were going to get help any time soon. We were left standing there for ages, 30 minutes had already went by and I felt my knees were very week, it's not good for a pregnant woman to be standing up this long but I didn't want to complain. All of a sudden I felt ill and I could have sworn I felt the baby inside me move, I start thinking about how the baby could kick again and it starts to worry me, my stomach is so sore right now that if the baby kicks again I don't know if I'll be able to stand it. Brian look over to me and he very quickly forms a worried expression on his face, "So-Sofia?... are you alright?" He asks worryingly. "Why?" I reply. "Because your sweating and your face is very red, oh and your shaking!" He says and moves closer to me and holds onto me, I hold onto him tightly, so I don't fall. And then, out of no where I felt the one thing that I so desperately didn't want to feel... The baby kicked, again and again and again and again. "AAAGGH! I scream like I've never screamed before in my life. I get out of Brian's grasp and fell to the floor while shaking un controllably, everyone in the room all had their eyes on me and all these nurses and receptionists surrounded me, I couldn't see Brian or Barbara anymore because they were pushed out of the way. "B-Brian... Brian!" I began to shout, I felt my anxiety shoot up and I was petrified, all I wanted was Brian put I was getting lifted up onto a bed by people I didn't even know, I just wanted it all to stop. "BRIAN!!!" I shout so very harshly, which caused everyone around me to stop what they were doing. Finally Brian managed to push through everyone who was surrounding me and grabbed my hand and held it. "I'm here baby." He says which gave me complete, utter comfort. "Do-don't leave me..." I say in a shaky voice, "Trust me, I won't." He says and gently kisses me on my cheek. "Are you the boyfriend?" One of the nurses asks. "Fiancé" Brian corrects them. "Oh, alright well you can stay with her then, anyone else has to go." The nurse replies and the rest leave. I could feel the bed start to move, which means I'm getting carried somewhere. Brian was walking right next to me while holding tightly onto my hand, but no matter how hard I tried to stay awake I just couldn't, I passed out.

To be continued...
Thank you for reading,
Please vote and comment,
Hope you enjoyed this chapter ^_^