Chapter 5

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock blaring next to me, i groan and turn it off. I open my eyes and look up at my ceiling then begin to smile, I realized that today I'm going on my first date! With that realization I quickly jump out of my bed then run over to my cupboard to pick out what I was going to wear today. I pick my new black leather shorts and some stockings and for some reason I had a strange feeling that i needed to wear my David Bowie shirt. After I chose which clothes to wear i hopped into the shower. I got out of the shower and got dressed, I then did my hair and makeup. When i got out of my bathroom I looked at the time it was 9:35, i had 25 minutes till Brian was going to come over to pick me up, I just hope my parents aren't here when Brian gets here, I don't want my parents ruining this for me. I decide to put on some music and David Bowie's Space Oddity song comes on and i begin to sing along, "This is Major Tom to Ground Control, I'm stepping through the door and I'm floating in the most peculiar way and the stars look very different way~". I blank out while listening to music and before i knew it it was almost 10 O'clock. I get up and turn off my music, I was about to walk out my bedroom door when all of a sudden I hear my dad yell, "Who the hell ate my food!" I froze and knew he would come and yell at me about it but i had no time. I looked over at the time and it was exactly 10am, i turned and faced my bedroom window and had a crazy idea. I opened up my window and climbed through it, I looked down and gulped I had no other alternative so I closed my eyes and jumped.

I opened my eyes and looked around to see that i survived, i looked back up to my bedroom window to see how high I had jumped, I got a bit freaked out and quickly looked away. As i started to stand up I felt my knee sting and I yelled out an "Ouch!" before looking down at my knee and seeing blood and dirt covering it. I am distracted from the pain when I hear someone yelling at me from a distance, "Sofia! wtf!? Did you just jump from your window!?" I look up to see Brian running over to me. "Brian! Oh hi, yeah i had to." I replied holding on to my knee in pain, "You could have died! Wait... is something wrong with your knee!?" Brian raised his voice, "Yeah it's fine i just scrapped it a little that's all" I reply with a short smile, "Let me see it" Brian says with a stern voice, I don't argue and I let go of my knee so he can look at it. Brian gets down on his knees so he can have a close view of my scabbed knee, he begins to blow on it to get rid of the dirt and i flinch but try not to make him notice my pain, once he thinks most of the dirt is gone he gently grabs my thigh with both of his hands to stop me from flinching then his face starts to get closer to my knee and he kisses it ever so gently. I start to blush, he slowly releases his lips from my knee then lets go of my thigh, "There, all better" he says while getting up and I give him a big grin and he smiles back, "Come on lets get out of here, you obviously jumped out of that window for a reason" Brian says with a smirk then wraps his arm around me and we start to walk to a car. Brian and I get into the back seats of the car, I look over to the front and see that there was a man sitting in the drivers seat. "Sofia this is my dad Hugh Warner, he will be driving us to our destinations today" Brian says while pointing to the man in the front. "Nice to meet you Mr Warner" I say nervously, "Like wise and please, call me Hugh" Hugh says with a wink, i giggle and then we start to leave for our destination.

Hugh drops us off at some kind of building, "Have fun kids, but don't go hurting yourself, you still have that conc-" Hugh is cut off by Brian death staring him to shut up, Hugh stops talking and nods to Brian, we say our goodbyes then Hugh drives off, I look at Brian with a raised eyebrow, "What!?" he says, "Suspicious, very suspicious..." I reply with a smirk. "Hahah, come on lets go" He says. We turn around to face a building with the sign 'Roller Skating Rink', I look over to Brian and raise my eyebrows at him again, he grabs my hand and takes me in.

We enter the skating rink and I look around, it doesn't seem to have many people in here which made me happy. We get our skates from the front desk and find a place to sit so we could put our skates on. Brian's skates were on in minutes then he looks over to me and sees me struggling, "need help, my dear?" he says with a smirk on his face, "Why yes sir I do indeed" i reply sounding posh, "Your wish is my command" he replies, he then gets up and ties my skates. "Okay good to go" he says, he then puts out a hand for me to grab, i grab his hand and he leads me into the rink. I start to panic because I feel like I'm about to fall over any second. "Brian! I probably should have told you this before but... I've never done this before" I say nervously staring at the ground, Brian gets closer to me then lifts my head up with his fingers, "It's okay, focus only on me and you'll be fine" he says with a reassuring voice. I trust him and do as he says, Brian grabs my hands and starts leading me forward, I don'y look anywhere but into Brian's eyes. "It's alright now, look where you are" he says with a warm smile and I take my gaze off his eyes, I suddenly realize that I was standing in the middle of the rink, "OMG! Did we seriously just skate all the way into the middle of the rink!?" I squeal, "Haha yes" Brian replies with a big grin on his face, "But you know I don't think it really counts, I think you need to skate by yourself to actually be able to say you've actually skated" and with that Brian let go of my hands and skated to the other side of the rink. "Brian!" I yelled out, which made people stare at me. I knew he wasn't going to come over and get me so I had to get over to him. I begin to slowly move my skates across the floor and make it to halfway to where Brian was, "You call that skating" he yells at me, I look up to him and give him a smirk "Fine! you asked for it!" and just like that with all the determination I had, I flung myself on my skates which made me go really fast and just when I thought I was going to crash into Brian, he catches me in his arms and spins me around. When Brian stops spinning me, we look into each others eyes and smile, but we are interrupted by a number of people who started clapping, I look around and see everyone smiling at me clapping, "Their clapping for you, because you finally skated all by yourself" Brian whispers in my ear, I start to blush and I hug him tightly.