Depressed Man Went To The Woods

Story dedicated to xhaneyou

***
ONE DAY a depressed man wished to end his life... But before that, he first went to the woods to have one last talk with God...

"God!" he called out.

"Can you give me one good reason not to quit?"

God replied...

"Look around!" He said.

"Do you see the fern and the bamboo?"

"Yes!" answered the man.

"When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took good care of them.., I gave them light and sprinkled them with water! The fern quickly grow on the soil but nothing came from the bamboo seed.

I didn't quit, instead I patiently waited for it to grow.

Two more years have past, the fern grew more vibrant and bountiful, again nothing came from the bamboo seed! But still i didn't lost hope on it..

Another year have past, still nothing came from the bamboo seed! I didn't quit! Instead I continued to sprinkle more water everyday..

Months and year passed by, again I patiently waited for it to grow...

After five years of waiting, finally I saw a little sprout emerged from the bamboo seed that I planted before.. It was insignificant, six months later a beautiful bamboo rise to over 100 feet tall.

It took five years for the bamboo to grow its roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needs to survived!

My child, don't easily quit when you face unbearable challenges in life.Trials and struggles means you're growing roots in yourself. I am always guiding you and I will never quit on you as much as I didn't quit on the bamboo seed!

Don't compare yourself to others! Each one of you is unique and you have different purpose in life, just like the bamboo and the fern..

The bamboo and the the fern has different purpose, yet they both make the forest beautiful!

My child, your time will come and you will rise! Just be patient!"

"How high should i rise, my God?" asked the man.

"How high does the bamboo rise?" God asked him in return.

"As high as it can?" he questioned.

"Yes!" God answered.

The man left the forest, his mind was enlightened by the words, God said to him and he started thinking positive thoughts! Soon he realized that God never quitted on him evenif he almost quit on himself!
_______
End.

A/N:

Another motivational story for you, guys! Hope you learned something from it.. Thanks for reading, God bless you all...

-marwa