A Dreamed Sports Car

There was once a young man named Angelo who was soon to be graduating from Law. He was a very responsible son, and never been a headache to his father, he studied hard and did everything to make his father proud... Of all his hardships from studying, Angelo wished that his father would give him a special gift on his graduation day... and he was dreaming of a Brand New Sports Car...

"Dad, can you see that Red Sports Car over there?" asked Angelo while they were walking beside Ortigas Avenue Center..

'Where?"

"There, inside the Show Room!" he said while pointing to the left side..

"Oh, that's very expensive son!" said his father feeling no interest.

"I know, Dad! But i really like it! Someday, i wish it will become mine!" said his son with a smile on his face, trying to gave his father an idea of a gift he wanted to receive.

Several months past.....

It was the eve of Angelo's graduation day and he was so excited! His Dad called him to his office...

"Congratulations, son! Im so proud of you!" said his father while tapping his shoulder.

"Thank you, Dad! I did everything for you... I want you to be proud of me!" Angelo told his father with a great smile of success on his face...

"Tomorrow is your graduation day, i want you to look great! Enjoy that moment, it just come once in your life...!" told his father..

"Yes Dad!"

"And because you did all your best to be successful in studies... and because you have made me proud... Hmmmm, i have something for you, son!" said his father while handling him a small red box!

The red box was sealed with a native small brown strings... On top of the box, there's a note that read: "Happy Graduation Day, Son! I'm proud of you! Love, Daddy"

Curious but somewhat disappointed, Angelo opened the box and found a leather-bound Bible... Angelo got mad, and raised his voice to his father...

"With all your money, you just give me a Bible?" Angelo quickly went outside the office leaving his Dad and his gift.

Many years past, Angelo became successful in life. He got the highest score in the Bar Exam.. He bacame Bar Topnocher and became indemand lawyer of high ranking government officials! He got a wonderful family and live in a luxurious life away from his father... Not long before, Angelo felt of missing his father and thought of going back home to meet him. Just when he was ready to take a trip, a telegram came, telling him that his father had just passed away and willed all his possessions to him.

"I need to come home immediately!" he thought to himself.

When Angelo arrived at his father's house, sudden sadness filled his heart while the sweet memories he had with his father kept playing on his head. He went directly to his father's private room and began searching all important papers... At the buttom of the filing cabinet, he saw the Bible, his father's graduation gift for him which he had rejected. The Bible still looked new just the way he had left it some years ago... Angelo slowly opened the Bible and began turning the pages when all of a sudden, a car key dropped onto his feet. The car key was put inside an envelop taped at the last page of the Bible. It still has a tag with the dealer's name, the same dealer who had the Sports Car he desired. On the tag was the date of his graduation day and a note that read: "PAID IN FULL" .

Angelo felt so much regrets in his heart, for the precious moments he had been wasted... He realized how much his father loved him, how much sacrifices he did to make him happy... And now, its too late...His father is gone!

"I'm sorry, Dad!" he whispered in silence. His lips trembled followed by a couple of tears which rolled down from his eyes... Angelo became so emotional as he took a look around the four corners of the house! But no matter how much he cried he couldn't bring back anymore all the precious moments he had lost!
.
.
.
.
.
the end!
________________

A/N:

To all readers out there, how many times do we missed God's blessings because its not wrapped the way we expect it? Sometimes, we must learned to accept whatever blessings we receive from God, evenif its not what we are expecting for... Sometimes in our life, every trials we encounter is also a blessing in desguise coming from God! At first, we may hate it but as time passess by, we come to realized that through that trials comes the gift we we're wishing for!

Thank you for reading, guys! I hope you liked my two heart piercing inspirational stories i have prepared for you.. I hope that you have learned lesson in life through these short stories!

marwa angela enrique