Chapter 34. From One to a thousand real quick.

Second to last chapter guys!

Enjoy:

Angelina POV:

Opening the front door I am greeted by the face of my brother, James. Having not seen him since finding Sophie, I needed him.

"Hey Ange." He says stepping forwards and embracing me into a tight hug. "It's been to long!"

Letting go I escort him into the kitchen and put the kettle on. "Hows is she?" James asks referring to Sophie.

"I fear she is turning into a younger me. She's only left her room once in two weeks." Pouring the boiling water into the mugs I continue, "I'm scared for her, James." He gives me a sympathetic look.

We sit down on the stools at the breakfast bar and I update him on everything that has been happening with Johnny.

"H-he's back?" James voice is subtle, he knows this has happened before. He saw me go through it.

Taking a bit of baby food onto a small spoon I make aeroplane notices; Maddox has a smile from ear to ear. The smile that melts my heart. "Here comes the aeroplane!" I zig zag the spoon and he opens his mouth before I feed him the food. Breakfast time is when he is happy the most.

Having only had him for a few weeks it has taken time to find out what Maddox likes and dislikes; he hates pieces of carrot or banana but loves small chopped up strawberries. Anything sweet would be eaten in a second and if he didn't like it then I would be sure to find it splattered on the floor.

Two knocks coming from the front door catches my attention; picking Mad up I make my way over opening the door to two police officers.

"Is everything okay Officer?" My voice calm. It's probably nothing.

"Angelina Jolie?" The tall officer with black hair questions from the left.

"Yes..."

"We have been notified about your problems from a close friend. May we come in?" Says the other shorter officer.

What problems? Everything is fine. The only thing I can think of is it being about Maddox. My mortgage was paid off ages ago and Maddox adoptions forms were completed. What would be wrong?

Motioning for them to enter, I show them over to the couch. They sit on a two seater while I sit on a chair with Maddox placed genitally on my lap. He takes hold of some of my hair, twirling it around his fingers. Such a small thing can occupies this adorable child.

"Have you taken any substances recently?" Says the tall officer whilst taking out a notepad and pen.

Substances? Like drugs or alcohol? Why would any friend of mine give the police such false statements?

"No, I stopped drinking before I received Maddox and I stopped drugs over two years ago now. I'm sorry but I truly don't see the problem here?" If they could hurry up and get to the point, I have things to do today.

"We will need time to get more proof. Could you fill in doctors details and dates of birth; also if you could supply the child adoption papers within the next few days then we can sort this whole issue out."

What issue? Why the hell do they need Maddox's papers?

Then it clicks... Johnny. The man that loves revenge more then any Disney villain.

"If you do not supply the papers within a few days we will have no choice but to have the child removed." I glare at them, they have a nerve! Treating me and my son this way is disrespectful and once this is over with I won't hesitate to take action. Take my son away and they will regret this day.

"This is outrageous!" I try not to raise my voice and scare Mad.

"I'm sorry miss, but there is nothing left we can do. Just get the papers ASAP." And with that they both get up to leave. Putting Maddox on the sofa where they were sat I leave the room for a moment before letting out an angered scream.

How could he do this? Try and take my own child away?

James opening the front door brings me out of that memory and almost as if he knew I was thinking of him... Johnny appears.

"What are you doing here?" I ask walking over to James at the door. "Don't let him in!" I demand.

"Ange, when are you going to realise. Sophie isn't going to die by living with me; she will just be happier...Don't you want her to be happy?" His voice and the memory from a few years ago makes my patience run thin.

"1. Don't call me Ange...Ever! And 2. Soph has told both you and I that she doesn't want to live with you! Just leave already before I call the police!"

"And what are they going to do?"

James takes my hand, holding me back from strangling the bastard. If anything was to happen Brad is in the living room with the kids and will be able to sort things out as quick as Johnny arrived.

"When are you going to learn? Pestering us isn't going to help the situation!"

Lower your voice! Don't let the kids hear, don't let Sophie hear.

Turning around, Viv heads up the stairs glancing back to see me while Pax just stands in the doorway staring.

"Brad come take care of this!" I shout before walking over to Pax and taking his hand. "Come on lets go find Viv and play a game of tag or hide and seek?" he nods and we head up stairs. Brad appears and steps in front of Johnny, preventing him from following us.

"Viv?" she appears in the doorway of the bathroom. Her face confused.

"Mummy...Why is Sophie sleeping on the floor?"