Chapter 29. Bringing up the past.

Waking up on the floor the next day, I remember all the drama last night. Was it a dream? No Angie is still here but Brad isn't. Standing up I start to search for Brad before hearing people talking in the kitchen.

Walking in I see Brad pacing while on the phone.

"I want the best lawyer around!"..."Do you know who I am? I'm pretty sure I can afford this!"..."Sophie is priceless, she is our daughter and I will do anything and everything to protect her. Now get on with it!" Brad hangs up, turning around I see his jaw clenched... That is until he sees me.

"Where is Ange?" He asks while he slowly relaxes himself.

"Um, she's still sleeping." I mumble, then following Brad into the living room and watch as he lifts Angelina up bridal style onto the couch. They look so cute together. "I'm sorry...I never wanted to upset her." I say walking over to her and sitting on the floor leaning on the edge of the sofa.

"Don't worry about it, everyone argues."

"Will Johnny take me away?" My voice muffled as I try not to cry. I know that I have been hard work lately and never really understood how much I love these people... My family. Life would never be the same without waking up every morning knowing I had a loving family waiting for me. I'm lucky for having them... A lot of people could only dream of having the family I do, yet all I have done is taken them for granted.

"Of course not baby." Angelina whispers as she opens her eyes to look straight at me. She shifts a strand of hair behind my ear and gives me a small smile. I wish this moment could last forever but sadly a loud knocking at the front door has to ruin it.

"No,No,No!" My body starts to shake and Angelina pulls me up onto the sofa with her, wrapping her arm around me; Brad makes his way over to the front door. After we all take a deep breath he opens it. Johnny barges in and storms past Brad, into the living room. He is smiling a sweet smile but I still don't trust him. Like Angelina said he has tried to take her kids away before.

He holds his hand out for me to shake. "Hey there little one, I'm Johnny."

"She knows." Angelina spits back harshly, "She sent the e-mail."

"Johnny, I don't know if this is a good time." Brad declares walking over to him to escort him out.

"Why not? I have the right to see my daughter," he pauses, "especially as she has been kept from me all these years." I don't understand, Johnny seems so nice why would Angelina be so worried? Standing up, I take his hand and give it a gentle shake. Looking back over to Angelina, her face in shock and anger.

"May I sit?" He asks.

"No, you may not!" Once again Angie hisses back. I glare over at her to stop being so rude, I hope she got the message.

"So... How's Maddox?" The smirk appearing on his face sends shivers down my spine.

"He's fine thanks... And happy." Brad walks over to Angie and sits down next to her; his hand clutching hers, a small act of reassurance.

"Well I guess me praying for his well-being payed off; I feel sorry for that kid I honestly do." He pauses, furrowing his eyebrows, "Tell me, you still doing the drugs?" My head shoots straight over to Angelina who is looking at the ground; I can tell she is trying her hardest not to kick off in front of me.

"That's enough." Brad says firmly, "Don't you think you should hold your tongue in front of Sophie? You're not exactly acting like a good parent right now."

"I came off the drugs before I even adopted Maddox and you know it! But you still had to attempt to take away my happiness didn't you." Angelina replies in a monotone.

I had read about Angelina's 'problems' when I found out that I was adopted but like Angie said, she stopped all that years ago and as for Maddox why is it any of Johnny's concern about how he is doing?

Johnny huffs getting up and grabbing his coat which he previously thrown onto the sofa. "I will be round next week to pick up Sophie, make sure she has everything."

"Um," I paused catching his attention. All eyes are on me. "I want to stay here." I had a whole speech planned about how I would tell thim that I would never leave Ange but none of that managed to find it's way out of my mouth.

"Oh come on Soph, you don't really want to stay here. Ange must have terrible anger issues from all the stress of having 6 kids already and well, as for Brad, he isn't your father." Oh how he is pushing all of our buttons today.

"I love them." I say, my voice muffled.

"Sorry they can't say the same. You never loved her did you Angie? Or you wouldn't have given our daughter up." He walks out the door just in time to miss Angelina's swing.

"I gave her up because she has your blood! Don't you dare come near us again!"

She has your blood

She has your blood

She has your blood

Angie never loved me.