Chapter 10. Not the reaction he wanted.

I force my eyes open in the kiss and pull away sharply. My hands cover my mouth as I stand there in shock and can just hear my inner voice saying:

I just kissed my best friend, What have I done, Oh no!

"Sophie? You okay?" Jason tries to hold my hand but I step away from him. I back away slowly not taking my eyes off of him, Soon my slow backing away turns into full on run. Where to? I don't know. I just need to get away.

Running away was not the best idea as I don't know my way around LA and after 20 minuets of running (I don't know how I managed to run for so long as I am not the fittest person) I find myself in an alleyway, Lost, alone , and afraid I turn my phone on and ring the only person I can think of Angelina...

"Hello?"

"Angie? It's Sophie, Something happened with Jason and I just ran without thinking and now i'm lost and afraid and..."

Angelina cuts me off "Soph where are you? Can you describe where you are? Why did you run! You could have came home!"

"I know I didn't think! Um, I'm in an alley"

"GET OUT OF THE ALLEY!" Angie shouts down the phone. "It's not safe there! Go to a main road!"

"Okay okay I'm walking forwards" I say to reassure her. "Okay I can see a , um a Mc Donald's to my right and there is a little park with a fountain in the middle.

"Okay, stay there I am coming to get you" As Angelina says those words the heavens opens and rain starts pouring down. Great!

***

Angelina pulls up on the road next to me, It's starting to get dark now. I get in and she passes me a towel. Angelina gives me a cuddle because she can see I'm shivering. The car drive is silent all the way home.

We get in the front door and Angelina takes my hand and we enter the living room. She sits me down.

"I think you have a lot of explaining to do young lady" Her voice is soft, Almost like she wants to understand what I'm thinking.

I explain everything from why I was upset with her to the kiss with Jason.

She says nothing instead she just pulls me into a tight warm hug, I close my eyes and let out a sigh of relief. I wrap my arms around her and bury my head into her neck.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry that I didn't pick you up, but sometimes I get pulled away for work, I do try to so you and the kids as much as possible, It's just difficult" I let go and smile at her.

Angelina jumps up and gets her bag, she then pulls out pitch perfect and popcorn.

I smile and turn on the DVD player. Before jumping onto the sofa and laying down next to Angie. We cuddle up while watching the film and all thoughts of Jason leave my mind.

***

The next morning I wake up on the sofa with a blanket wrapped around me. 3 knocks are heard on the front door.

I get up and open the front door to be greeted by a face I didn't want to see... Jason! 
I slam the door in his face before he has chance to say anything, I know he hasn't done anything wrong but I just can't face him right now.
I run upstairs when I hear
"Who was that?"
"Don't worry" I yell back to angie.

A/n
Sorry I can't finish this chapter will soon. Got some family problems thanks guys ❤️