Chapter 23. Pain to the heart

It's 5am and I'm exhausted but I miss Jason so much I just have to talk to him.

"Hello? Jason?" My voice is so excited to talk to him.

"Hey Soph." Is my reply. The phone goes silent and not one of us talk.

Somethings wrong. He is always so talkative.

"Is something wrong?" I ask. I hear a door shut as the background noises on the phone go even quieter.

"I'm fine Soph. Why are you so on edge jeez." He is mumbling his mushed together words...

He's drunk.

"You're drunk aren't you?" He never gets drunk; in fact he never even drinks. Whenever we go out with his friends he just has lemonade.

"No! I'm not Sophie. Why are you so worried." His response is harsh.

Okay I need to calm down it's all fine. I can trust Jason he would never hurt me.

Then I hear the same door open. Then a voice. A female voice.

"Jason are you coming?" She asks.

Where is he going? Why with her? I have only been gone a week and is he bored already? Looking for other company?

The phone goes dead. He hung up on me.

HE HUNG UP ON ME!

Rage builds up in me. Through my hands and all the way down to my feet almost like fire travelling to every limb of my body. I cover my mouth with my hand as I let out a scream in anger. No tears fall from my eyes. I'm not upset I am angry my body is thirsty for revenge.

My hands grab hold of the photo frame with a picture of me and Jason inside. I throw it to the floor hearing it smash into a million pieces.

Eventually I manage to drift off into a deep sleep.

***

I am dressed in a peach coloured dress with two roses on the side with heels and my hair is curled and styled beautifully.

My cousin looks stunning in her snow white wedding dress. They are meant for eachother like me and Jason.

He gown fills the dance floor as her and her groom have their first dance. The way they look at each other is so moving. She is his life and he is hers; if this brings a tear to my eye then I can only imagine what it must have been like at Brad and Angelina's wedding.

We are in a huge hall with high ceilings and wooden beams holding it up. There are spotlights and over in the corner is a 4 story cake. It's covered in roses and glitter. The perfect cake. Sadly it is just for show but the cake we get to eat is chocolate and so light and creamy.

"Let's dance." Jason takes my hand and brings me to the dance floor. The music is slow and the lights are dim.

Jason holds me by the waste and my hands are placed gently on his shoulder. He is wearing a traditional suit which makes him look as if he was royalty. We glide along the dance floor and he spins me around; my dress flows so elegantly with every move. Looking over to Brad and Angie I can see him whispering something into her ear. Angie lets out a small laugh that I can tell she is trying to keep under control.

"You look beautiful." Jason whispers into my ear.

"Thank you. You don't look to bad yourself." I say with a little giggle.

Then darkness and the only words can hear are "Jason are coming?" In the same voice.

***

I shoot up out of bed in alarm.

It's okay It was only a dream.

"Sophie are you ready?" Angelina shouts up the stairs.

I have majorly over slept. I get up and throw on a pair of shorts, a plain white top, flip flops and brushed my hair out. My skin is clear today so there is no point in putting makeup on.

We arrive 15 minutes late and I don't think Mad and Angie are very happy with me. If only they knew what I have just been through.

"Hey guys sorry we are late." Angelina says. everyone stands up and shakes our hands.

"So we meet again." That same Australian voice. it's Liam.

"Oh I'm glad. I need a little cheering up." Liam seems like the kind of guy who will listen.

"Hey everyone me and Soph are going out into the garden a minute." He announces to everyone. He then ushers me out.

The garden is filled with all kinds of flowers. It smells so intense but I love it. Of course they sky is blue and not a single cloud in sight. We sit down on a little bench that is covered from the sun. I tell Liam everything about what happened with Jason.

"So you think he is cheating?" He asks.

I can't bring myself to say yes so I just nod my head.

"Oh Sophie, I'm sure he isn't. I'm always here if you need to talk."

"Thanks." I say and I rest my head on his shoulder and he puts his head on mine.