Detention (Chapter 8)

**Diane's POV**

"Louis tell me!"

"Ms.Portland!" The teacher scolds.

"Sorry sir."

"As I was saying we have a new student joining us today. He'll be here in about...actually right now."

A boy with curly tousled brown hair walked through the door. Louis seemed to be fidgeting in seat, uneasy.

"Hello there. Why don't you introduce yourself to the class."

"Hello erm, I'm Harry, Harry Styles." Then he looked at me then Louis and smirked. Louis tensed up in his seat next to me.

"Louis what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Can I leave?" He asked the teacher raising his hand.

"No Mr.Tomlinson, you have already missed so many of your classes." Mr.Arback replied.

"Please sit anywhere you like Mr.Styles."

He took the vacant seat behind us. Why do I have a feeling that this boy will be trouble?

**Louis' POV**

He found us. He wasn't just bluffing. It's too late. He already knows Diane.

"Hi, I'm Harry." He whispers to Diane. I snap.

"Leave her alone." I growl at him.

He grins malevolently and sits back down.

"What was that for?!" She whisper-screams.

"You can't be friends with him."

"You can't control me. I'll do whatever I want and I'll be with whoever I want to be with." I get enraged and snap my pencil in half. Anger swells up in me and I get up storming out of the classroom.

**Diane's POV**

"Mr.Tomlinson get back in here!" The teacher goes after him.

"That'll be a month's detention! For you as well Ms.Portland!"

"Wha-what for?! I didn't do anything!"

"Would you like me to double it?"

"No sir." Wow thanks Louis for getting me involved in your stupidity. The bell rings and I'm furious. I'll be spending more time with Louis now. Great, just wonderful. I head for my next class class with Heather and Niall. I spot them at the table chatting along with Luke.

"Hey dudes!" I greet cheerfully before sitting down.

"Hey butt-face." Heather says before taking her books off of my seat. I slightly whack her across the head.

"Ow! I was just kidding. Geez."

The teacher arrived shortly after most of the students came in and began the lesson. He came around passing around a worksheet. Ugh. I never really understood algebra. It just seems like a different language. Hard to understand. "4) 2x•9=?" What the hell is this? I focus harder and look up seeing that Niall is helping Heather while Luke is just daydreaming. I hope Marcel was here. He would've helped me. I skim through the rest of the sheet putting random answers. I don't even know if I even put any numbers. 20 minutes later I'm barely past the front side and the bell rings.

"Whatever you don't finish will be homework. See you all tomorrow goodbye." The teacher says before everyone exited the room. Louis stops me right outside of the classroom.

"You can't be friends with Harry Diane. He's not who you think he is." I turn away but he grabs me by the wrist tightly.

"Please just trust me." The bell rings indicating that I would be late.

"Sorry Louis but I gotta go." I respond before prying his hand off my now bruised wrist. It's time for music with Grace, Marcel, and Liam. I enter the small music room and join the little circle that was formed in the middle of the room. I take my seat next to Liam.

"Nice of you to join us Ms.Portland." Ms.Schweitz says as I sit down. I reply with an awkward smile. She continues with the lecture and I daydream. Why is Louis preventing me from being friends with Harry? Last time I checked, he didn't really care about me. But should I really trust him?

*******

The rest of the day passes by and I head for detention with Louis. I don't even know why I'm here. I didn't do anything wrong. I show up outside the classroom and I already see Louis there. Mr.Arback doesn't seem to be in here though. I doubtingly open the door and take my seat.

"He's just gone for the loo."

Louis reassures me. I just nod my head. We sit in silence for the next five minutes, not saying a peep to each other. Finally, I muster up the strength to break the silence.

"Louis you can't control me in whatever I want to do. You have no right and you don't even care about me. So why do you keep restricting me from my decision?"

"You don't know what you've gotten yourself into."

"What do you mean?"

"I know Harry and he's dangerous."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I retort. But the teacher comes barging in.

"Talking are we? That's an extra 10 minutes for both of you."

Aw got-dang-it! Seriously? Well 29 more detentions to go.