~16~

While you and Sans were lying on the floor, you noticed that everything in the Underground wasn't very different from things above. You turned your head to see Sans staring at you with a smaller, more sad smile than usual.

"Heya, Sans? You alright?"

It took a moment for Sans to answer, but when he did you didn't understand what he was talking about.

"i just... wasn't expecting you to fall down here. i didn't know that you would react so positively and-"

"Woah, woah, woah... what are you even... I don't..? You act like you've met me before. Please, explain."

Sans realized he was talking about stuff that you'd probably never understand and stopped.

"nah, i guess i'm just tired. i did wake up early, so nothing that i say makes much sense."

"But that made perfect sense."

"no it didn't."

When you went to argue with Sans, you realized that as soon as he finished speaking, he curled up and fell asleep. Without thinking, you grabbed his hand.

"Oh my goodness, Sans. Your hand is so smooth. You must moisturize."

Sans replied with a couple of oddly soft snores.

You giggle. No matter what you sound like, it was cute.

"Wow, Sans, you sound like a cat."

You carefully watch Sans as he rolls over, holding your hand and squishing your leg. The snores grew louder.

"Uhh, heya, dude... I can't feel my leg anymore."

Sans's snoring continuously grew louder.

"BRUH YOU SOUND LIKE A BIKER GANG IS PASSING THROUGH PLEASE SHHHHHHHHSHSHSHSHSHHHH."

The snores stopped and Sans's snile grew in his sleep. Since you were both lying down, you were smothered when he rolled over some more.

"...Mph..."

With nowhere to go, you just lay on the floor with no hope of escape, slowly being suffocated by a surprisingly heavy skeleton. One of whom you share strong feelings with, at that.

"It's quite pawsible he's trying to do the dog pile thing from earlier in his sleep..."

Frisk walked into the kitchen as Sans moved again, this time his face being in the crook of your neck.

"What?"

You couldn't answer Frisks question because you didn't want to possibly wake Sans even though you'd heard about his reputation for being a heavy sleeper.