Chapter 32

UNEDITED

(Vanessa's POV)

Angelika and I were walking down stairs. We were going to go say goodbye to Li and Ricardo. They were leaving today. They were suppose to have left yesterday but since I was missing they stayed to look for me. We got there and they had all their things in their car. I walked up to Herr and gave her a hug.

"Message me when you get there," I told her.

"You know I will and message me if you have to talk about anything," she said and put an emphases on anything. I knew what she meant and I just smiled at her. She and Ricardo said their goodbyes to everyone else and then left.

"So do you have any idea were the keys to the files might be?" Angelika asked sparking a conversation.

"I might. I feel like they might be in one of the boxes at my house. Although I could ask my brother to check a box of my moms old things and we could find her set of the keys," I told her.

"Give him a call later. Have you heard about Natalie?"

"Yes," I told her sharply.

"What do you think happened to her?"

"I don't know, I don't care, and I certainly don't care enough to inquire," I responded.

"Okay tell me what is..." she started but was cut off by my cell phone ringing. I looked to check the caller ID and it's Luke.

"I have to take this," I told her and she must waved me away. I walked around a corner and outside before picking up the phone.

"Hola, el numero que usted llamo no funciona.(A/N Translation: Hello the number you have called doesn't work)" I said answering the phone. Maybe he will but it, but no such luck.

"Hello to you to Vanessa. It doesn't work when I know what the sentence means since you have tried this a couple other times," Luke responded.

"Well you can't blame a girl for trying. What is it that you need?"

"It is about the disappearance of Nat..." I groaned into the phone before he could finish. If I hear here name in a sentence one more time today and the words is dead  are not in it. I will slap that person.

"What about her?"

"Can you investigate Natalie's disappearance?"

I clicked the phone shut after that point. N to the O, what reason do I have to look for Natalie. So she can stick her tongue down my mates throat no thank you.  I was walking back when my phone rang. no surprise who it was, Ignore. It rang like two more times but then it stopped. Calvin came running down the halls.

"This phone call is for you," he told me.

"Tell them to leave a message," I replied.

"He doesn't sound to happy at the moment."

"And I don't like hearing her  name, but I got over," not really.

"I putting him on speaker phone."

"Vanessa Linda Bartley! You will speak to me and you will stop ignoring my calls!" I hear a very angry Luke yell. Silence fell, I decide to tip tow away.

"What is happening?" Luke asked

"Vanny here is trying to sneak away," Calvin said and I stopped dead in my tracks. I glared at him and gave her the finger. I think revenge this time is a dish best served with ice. I took the phone and took it off speaker.

"Yes, hello Luke. I haven't gotten any calls from you after I hung up," I said lying.

"Bull sh*t," he said.