Chapter 8

UNEDITED

(Jason's POV)

I was watching her training. She looked elegant, but deadly as she threw the knife. I wasn't paying attention and she threw one at me and it barely missed me. Unless it was a warning shot, because from what I saw she never missed her target. I let out a sharp breath.

"You know it's rude to stare. Why don't you make your presence known?" she asked looking strait at were I was standing.

"I come in peace" I said walking out from my spot. Which got me laugh at by her.

"So what do you need?" she asked

"Nothing just coming to train and saw you practicing and decided to watch" I told her

"Oh okay" she said blushing. I didn't know why she was blushing though.

"Do you know sword fight?" I asked her

"Yeah, but don't normally fight in wolf from?" she asked

"We do, but my father likes us practicing fighting in human form. Do you want to help me practice?" I asked her

"Sure," she respond and the dagger she had in her hands disappeared and in place now was a sword. It was most likely hers since it had Vanessa engraved in the handle with a picture of a rose. I grabbed my sword from a rack and began the duel. It was mostly the clanging of our swords for like 10 minutes and then she said "Your dad told me about the details to the ball. If it's any consilience you would make a great king."

"I might if I could just find my mate." I said lunging for her side but she blocked it

"Don't worry she is out there. So want to play give-one, get-one?" she asked

"Sure, I'll go first. What's your favorite color?" I asked

"Red, and yours?" she asked

"Green. What is your..." I was about to ask but my stomach growled.

"You want to go get something to eat" she said laughing

"Sure, how about ice cream?" I asked putting my sword away

"It sounds good. What does your stomach say?" she asked and right on cue my stomach growled which only made her laugh more.

"I'll take... that... as a... yes" she said in between laughs and made her sword disappear into nothing

We walked to the kitchen and want to the fridge. "So what type of ice cream do you like?" I asked

"Is this part of the game or are you really asking?" she said

"A little of both" I responded

"Okay well, I love chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream" she responded. I got out the tub of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream for her and my plain vanilla for me. She looked a bit surprised and then broke out laughing.

"What is so funny?" I asked

"Oh just this thing between me and my sister. Me and her are complete opposites and we used to make this joke. That she ever found a guy who loved vanilla ice cream he was my true love and any guy that loved chocolate was destined to be with her." she said grabbing her cone and heading to the garden

"How is that funny because all of the guys I know love chocolate and you're the first who actually likes vanilla." she said licking her ice cream cone

Now it was my turn to laugh like a crazy person. Who would of thought little miss etiquette would have an ice cream mustache.

"Hey what is so funny?" she asked stopping and looking at me and my laughing fit.

"Ice cream mustache" was all I said before her hand shot up to clean it, but missed a spot.

"Did I get it?" she asked

"Not all" I said, "let me help you" I cleaned up the smudge of ice cream and our eyes locked with each other. My gaze went down to her lips. kiss her, my wolf said. We inched closer when our lips were about to meet. Her phone rang. I backed away quickly and rubbed the back of my head. She went to pick it up, but checked the caller ID first.

"I have to take this, sorry" she said. I Could only make out half the conversation, but when she came back she was pissed to say the least.

"Sorry I have to leave and get this thing done, but I really had a fun time and she walked away" she said walking away, still a bit pissed from my point of view.

(Vanessa's POV)

I was so close to kissing him. What was I thinking? About how sexy he would look..., No. What is wrong with me? I shouldn't have those pictures in my head. Now all I could think about was how close our lips were and about how they would of felt on mine if my sister hadn't called.

My sister, the only person in the world I despise more than Trista and that is saying a lot. She called about how the prince was having a ball and how she probably is his mate and all this sh*t that I tuned most of it out. I really hated her she was always stuck up and a sl*t, personally she can go die in a hole for all I cared, but my parents always wanted me and my sister to get along.

The only reason I left was because it would of been to awkward after he almost kissed me. So I decided to go to my room and found Emily on the waiting for me with a dress in her hands. That's when I remembered that I had tea with the queen in like an hour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading. :) I decided to update twice today to make up for not writing the last couple of days so hoped you liked it.

REMEMBER TO...

READ,

VOTE,

AND COMMENT.