A Letter to You

Once the bright eyed mother died in the hallways where the pipes leaked and the battered women screamed, the princess became a queen. My small shoulders seemed broader. My breast began to grow like shrubs and hedges, filling in my B-cup bustier. As my golden hair climbed down my saccharine collar bone I chopped it off, sporting a shorter look, one for the more mature. My ego began to flourish, maybe a little too much, as I was taught to be a lady.

I reevaluated and reprogramed myself. I no longer came from the gunk in the gutters and the pot hole filled streets. I was now from the stack of books on the top of my head, symbolizing balance.

It was the rebirth of myself.

The child that became a lady, rose up from the south and now walked with honor. With my nose tooted up and my eyebrows corrugated, I shouted determination and dominance. I demanded reverence from the highly respected, I asked for nothing more.

But you, my friend, you.. you paid me no mind.

I used to let no one come anywhere close to my heart, but once you came around.. for the second time in this lifetime I wasn't seen as perfect. You measured my heart with a measuring cup of flaws and all. You knew I was nothing near faultless.

You left me out to fry in the harsh rays of the vexed sun and this made me want you all the more.

I feel a connection that you cant fathom. You've unlocked a new me without realizing it. I am brand new. I am now art. I now feel joy. I now value empathy.

Cant we, cant we both enjoy this new me? Cant we share inequity?

Can we sin together? I just want you to sit here with me in my garden of solitude. You don't have to utter a word from your sanctified mouth. I just want to rake my eyes over your god- given structure.

I want our souls to generate unimaginable adoration.

Furthermore, can you... will you... shall you... ugh, do you mind coming over?

- Sincerely, Daley