7 ⁓ Reality Check

< Amelia >

Filo and a strange woman were standing at the entrance of the kitchen and I was in a compromising position on Willem's lap. I immediately jumped up, turning away to put my exposed breasts back where they belonged.

This had to be the most embarrassing situation I'd ever been in my entire life. I didn't know whether to run and hide or to turn around and face the two women as the adult I was. A twenty-eight-year-old adult exploring her sexuality for the first time.

Luckily for me, Willem took charge, helping me with my clothes. I looked into his grey eyes and he didn't seem angry or annoyed by the intrusion. His fingers touched the swell of my breasts as he fixed the romper over my bikini top and I did my best to ignore the flutter of butterflies in my stomach.

The women must have left because no one was talking. The only sound I could hear was the pounding of my heart and it was out of control. I took a deep breath, exhaling slowly, hoping to calm my runaway heart.

How did I come from cussing Willem's guts out last night to this, to behaving like a wanton in a public kitchen in broad daylight?

I didn't recognize the woman I was becoming.

Oh my goodness, I was turning into a hussy.

"It's okay," Willem said, taking my hand and kissing the back of it. His golden curls fell over his forehead, softening his features as he stared into my eyes.

All I could think about were the effects of that kiss, placed so gingerly to the back of my hand, on my body and what it meant for our whole relationship going forward. At that moment, it felt like he could see me. Everything about me. My fear of ending up alone without a family to call my own... my deep intrinsic desire to love and be loved.

His pale eyes were disarming, confronting even, but I wanted to lose myself in them forever. And that, right there, was a massive problem. Willem and I were nothing alike and I wasn't even sure if he was my type.

"Are they still there?" I asked in a whisper.

He looked over my shoulder and nodded. "I'm afraid so. Look, Amelia, we're married and this is my house. I don't want you to feel a type of way."

I liked that he cared about how I felt, but the opinions of these women, especially Filo, mattered to me. I also wanted to confide in someone regarding this weird, but so far amazing development between Willem and me. And that woman with Filo, from the short glimpse I got of her, looked like she could be a friend.

"Do I look presentable?" I ran my hand over the front of my romper to make sure.

"You look like you were about to get properly fucked. Just ravishing. You're glowing." Willem smiled, showing that cute dimple of his. He leaned forward, and once again, his lips were brushing against mine, the kiss lingering long enough that I almost forgot about the women who had so far rudely interrupted our hot make-out session.

Willem pulled back slowly, smirking, taking his time to look over my shoulder.

Filo cleared her throat and spoke up. "I didn't mean to disturb you. Tessa's here about Bradley."

"Thank you, Filo, I'll take it from here. But before you go, I'd like to introduce you to my wife." With his hand on my shoulder, he turned me around so that I was facing the two women once more. "This is Dr. Amelia Miller."