6 ~ Marriage & Pancakes

< Willem >

Xiomara, the new maid was on time. Her purple hair was tied up in a high ponytail and her scandalous bodycon dress clung to her skin like white on rice as she entered the kitchen.

"Good morning, Willem," she said. "I'm surprised to see you here."

"I live here."

Xiomara opened the fridge and took out a yogurt. Peeling the plastic cover on top, she dug in with a spoon. "Well, I barely see you here, I forgot."

"Are you going to pay for that?"

"Hey, this is included in my contract, okay." She waved the spoon at me, chuckling, her Spanish accent thick and lovely.

I smiled and shook my head. "Get to work. The laundry won't wash itself."

"Whatever you say, boss."

I grabbed flour, baking powder, eggs, vanilla essence, salt, and sugar, and got to work. I was making old fashioned pancakes just like my mother used to make them. Hopefully, Amelia would like them enough to give us a second chance.

Last night with Amelia hadn't gone as planned. She'd walked away in a mood and I knew that chasing after her wouldn't have solved anything. The fact remained that we needed to talk. This is why this morning I asked Filo to summon Amelia to breakfast so I could woo her with my mother's famous pancakes.

Somewhere between meeting Amelia for the first time, getting a taste of her anger followed by the taste of her luscious mouth, and the disastrous ending to last night's dinner, I started craving her.

She got under my skin — in a good way — and for the first time in eleven years, I was intrigued by a woman. I wanted to get to know her on a deeper, more intimate level.

When I wrote her that letter asking her to come here, I never expected this much chemistry between us and I had no plans of getting to know her better. Our marriage was over after I wrote her my final letter five years ago asking her to reach out to me if she wanted anything to do with me and our marriage. And for five years all I got was radio silence.

Then one day it occurred to me that Amelia wasn't the one in charge. Her father was. That's when I threatened to mess with his pension and his shares in the company. And voila, here she was.

It was just after nine when she breezed into the kitchen wearing a yellow romper with white flowers on it that barely covered her round ass and had a dip so deep at the front her cleavage was on full display. Amelia had to be the sexiest doctor I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

And that dirty mouth of hers was unexpected but so hot at the same time. It made my dick hard every time she said the word 'fuck'. Harder than I've ever felt it.

I wanted her more and more each passing day.

Pursuing her couldn't be only about the sex, I knew that. She deserved so much better and I was going to give her that and more.

"You called for me?" she asked, turning up her nose as if I was beneath her and had no right to request her presence.

"Yes, have a seat. I thought we could have breakfast together. Aren't you hungry?"

Amelia remained standing, brown eyes roaming over my face skeptically. "Why are you doing this? Being nice when clearly there's nothing left here."

I stopped mixing the batter. "You're giving up on us already?"

"Aren't you?" She crossed her arm, her walls going up hard and fast.

"I promised you thirty days. I think we owe it to ourselves to try."