"But you're an Ed Sheeran fan?"

"Of course. Example is more Oli's thing though." I feel a pang in my stomach as I think about my friend who i haven't spoken to in about two weeks. Maybe it's time to forgive and forget.

"You can't be a fan of him until you hear the Nando's Skank and that's a fact."

"Right." I reply unconvinced. Nandos is Ty's choice of restaurant and it's my first time in here, basically it is all chicken, chicken breasts, chicken wings, chicken thighs. "Anyway." I say trying to change the subject, "Do you know what I am going to call you from now on?" Ty looks dubious but I just continue "My gay best friend." Ty's face is a picture as he splutters and begins to cough up strips of chicken, I throw my arms over my plate to cover my own food from his flying germs, I can't stop laughing at his reaction which is better than I could have dreamed. He composes himself and takes a big swig of his coke.

"Just why?"

"Because you came dress shopping with me, gave me opinions picked out colours. That kind of thing, it was fun." Winding him up is so easy.

"Rosie, I'm not gay." He states totally serious.

"Really? But I thought... oh well this is awkward. So you and Rob aren't..."

"No! Rosie I can't believe... what about?... I mean did you really think I was gay?"

The confusion in his eyes is what makes me break character as I start laughing and just can't stop. "No Ty I didn't, but your face was priceless." I somehow manage to get out through my laughter.

"Good because as you obviously know, I'm all about the ladies."

"Yeah you're a regular ladies man aren't you?" I raise a sceptical eyebrow. I still rarely see him talk to anyone else let alone girls at college.

"Too right." He says with pride and conviction.

"So that's why you are always with Rob and Andy and never talk to any girls is it?"

"No I'm always with Rob and Andy because I have to be and I don't talk to people because it's safer that way." His eyes widen at what he just said and he sits back in his chair suddenly uncomfortable.

"What does that mean?" I ask carefully.

"Nothing." He says too quickly. Which causes alarm bells to go off in my head. What do I really know about this boy in front of me?

"Ty." I say in a warning tone.

"It's nothing so drop it okay?" His tone is serious and his request is borderline an Alpha command, so I do as he asks but it's under an unspoken duress. The rest of the meal is not as carefree and there is a tension between us, that fact that he has basically admitted that it isn't safe to be around him is worrying and stays in the corner of my mind and everything I say is measured so I can assess his replies.

When the bill comes I take out my purse. "I got this." Says Ty as he throws down a fifty pound note.

"No I said I was treating you!" I protest.

"Well I just treated you." He says with an evil grin, well two can play at this game, as he makes his way out of the restaurant I take my own money and slip it into his jacket pocket, what is it with guys and having to act manly?

"So what now?" Ty asks as I begin to amble aimlessly down the shopping centre, all previous tension dissolving into the air around us.

"Erm I'm not..."

"Rosie! Rosie!" I sigh at the familiar voice calling my name and turn to see Oli battling the crowds to get to where we are stood.

"What do you want Oli?" I say unintentionally frostily. Thinking about forgiving him was easy but looking at his face now with his innocent puppy dog eyes and I just feel annoyed all over again. And he's interrupting my date... is this a date? No. No guy would consider dress shopping a date.