Chapter 6

As Saturday got closer I started to panic more and more about hanging out with Ty. I knew we wouldn't be a alone since where he goes so does Rob and Andy, but it is so different being with someone in school and then hanging out outside of it. The whole dynamic changes. As ridiculous as this sounds I'm as nervous as I would be if this was a date. Which is crazy. Unless I'm planning to have three boyfriends. The thought makes me snicker and I shake my head to get rid of it. Andy and Rob would make a boring harem of male suitors.

I hadn't told Mary about my plans for Saturday because I still feel guilty that I haven't spoken to him for her, I have had plenty of opportunities at college to do it but each time I start to mention it I stop myself. Anyway Mary is a bit preoccupied this week, the Saturday after this is her birthday/ coming out party... whatever you want to call it and she is putting all her attention into it. I have helped her all I can with the preparations but as it gets closer she gets more and more frantic about the finer details and it is now at the point where it is just easier to let her do it herself and just 'umm' and 'ah' in the right places, whilst simultaneously nodding my head.

I have been thinking about what Ty said, he mentioned that we could do whatever I wanted today, so I have planned the whole day out... I don't know how he will take my chosen activity and I know that it may seem evil but I haven't got another chance to do this and I'm running out of time.

"You're kidding right? What's wrong with that one?" Ty calls exasperated from the other side of the curtain.

"The colour wasn't right." I call back whilst pulling the dress off and turning to choose the next one to try. Mary's party is in a week and I still have nothing to wear and considering she keeps saying how amazing her dress is the pressure is really on.

Ty wasn't too happy when I told him what I wanted to do today but in the end I persuaded him to take me to our local shopping centre. In a crazy turn of events we are on own... Rob and Andy are nowhere to be seen and when I asked where they were I just got a noncommittal kind of dismissal instead on an actual answer. It was awkward at first and I had no clue what to talk about but as the day has progressed we have fallen into an easy steady flow of conversation.

Sliding another dress on and zipping up the back as far as I could I look in the mirror and smile, this could be the one. Tentatively I pull the curtain back and move out into the hall of the dressing room where Ty can see me. His gaze travels from my legs upwards and as he judges my appearance I begin to feel self-conscious, I can't remember how smooth my legs are and maybe the dress is a little too tight on my stomach. His gaze lingers a little too long. I tug at the hem pulling it a little more down my thighs.

"Maybe not then." I say quickly whilst retreating back to the safety of my cubicle.

"Hold on a second, that one looked really good!" He calls back to me.

"Do you think?"

"Best one you've tried all day... trust me." He mumbles. I don't need much persuasion I had liked this one from the moment I zipped it up I just needed a second opinion.

"This one it is then."

"Yes!" He shouts, a little too energetically, I'm sure the whole shop can hear him, honestly you'd think he was forced here against his will. "Finally, why did I agree to come to this again?" He continues.

"Because I said I'd buy you dinner if you were helpful and you said we could do whatever I wanted to do today." I remind him. "So, your choice, where do you want to go to eat?"

"Seriously you have never heard the song?" I shake my head. "Ed Sheeran and Example?"

"Sorry no."