Four

Jennifer's POV

I was adjusting to life with Calvin. We still had our daily disagreements on something but I was doing my best to trust him when he said he wasn't going to kill me. I was getting better about allowing Calvin to drink from me even when I didn't particularly want to let him.

It had only been two weeks here but I didn't mind spending time in the library here. It was gigantic and I hadn't seen books in this amount in ages. They were all mostly destroyed during raids where people destroyed anything that spoke kindly about supernaturals

As I gazed along the shelf, my fingers traveling the spines of the books, I heard the door open and close rapidly. I turned around and Isabelle was standing there in tears.

"Izzy?" My voice grabbed her attention and she ran to me, throwing herself into my arms, for protection. "What happened? Are you alright?"

"He hates me." She sobbed and buried her head in my shoulder, "He hates me so much. All he does is punish me for anything and everything. And he is so rough in bed. I've tried so hard to please him and he just doesn't seem to care what I do, it's- it's never enough." Isabelle choked on her words.

I held her against me until her breathing returned to normal and she finally stopped crying. As she sat up, I could see her eyes filled with so much pain and she seemed so very afraid. I was afraid too when I was as new as her. She had only been doing this for a few months and it wasn't her choice.

Her hair was matted and her makeup was smudged probably from sleeping in it and it only made it worse that she had been crying.

"Every time I do anything, it's wrong. If he asked me to bend over, my arch wouldn't be deep enough. If he asked me to give him head, I wouldn't make it as exciting as he wanted. Always doing something wrong. And when he fucks me, oh God, Jen, he destroys me. He's pulling my hair and bruising my skin.

"The way he grips my body, there is no pleasure in it, I'm just trying to survive it and all he want's to do is control me and bend me to his will. And I can't do it anymore. I'm gonna fall apart."

"Vampires are a different breed, Isabelle, you need to be careful with him. He might just be trying to train you in some messed up way. I know it's hard. Trust me," I gulped as memories flashed through my mind, "I know it hurts."

I glanced at the bite marks on her neck and wrist and rubbed over it with my hand. "He doesn't have to cause you so much pain."

"I know," More tears dropped onto my hand and I realized she was crying again, "He told me that if I would just be better, he wouldn't have to punish me so much."

Someone cleared their throats nearby and I looked up to see Calvin had entered the library entirely silently. I glanced at him and then back to Izzy as the double doors suddenly slammed open. Damon was fuming as he took in the room searching for Isabella.

"What the hell is going on in here?" Damon's voice was menacing. Evil in a way that I had heard before and understood all too well. "I know you haven't been telling her our little secrets, have you now my little slut?" Damon hissed, moving towards us quickly and reaching for her arm, but she just moved back behind me like somehow, by sheer will, I would be able to stop her from taking her away.

When I didn't immediately move Damon looked back to Calvin and Calvin just nodded.

"Come here, Jenna, now," He commanded holding out his hand for me to take. But I didn't budge. He narrowed his eyes in my direction as if to say that this was not the time to be disobeying him.