Yulan's face was one he'd seen in his nightmares several times over, but now he couldn't conjure it in his mind.

I'll do this the normal way.

Sabin jogged up the street, whipping his head around each corner. It shouldn't have been so hard to find Yulan, he should have stood out in the crowd of Hruh-yites as much as he did. But it seemed like the entire population of Ciudad Naranja had come outside at this moment, and his brother blended into the swarm.

He weaved through the crowds, sure Yulan would spot him first and unleash whatever evil he had planned. Yulan was not a decent man, despite what his vision told him. The world would be better without him. Several minutes passed and he saw no sign of the man. Every moment gave Yulan time to get whatever he came for and run away.

I need another strategy.

Sabin found a gap in the crowd and snaked into an alley. He leaned against the clay building, its gritty surface irritating his back. He could use his hearing to to pinpoint Yulan's voice if his recollection of the man did not betray him in that way.

Instead, he got lucky.

"Yu-sa-bin," Yulan's deep voice yelled.

Yulan stood in front of a live animal stand and a long, curved blade hung from his back. Several featherless bird hung from its awning and their carcasses dripped blood into a metal pan below.. "Looks like me," Yulan yelled at merchant in Yuago, pointing to his face.

Sabin lighted in front of his brother, knocking the stand over and catapulting the birds into the crowd.

He thrust for Yulan's throat.

Yulan's eyes widened.

"Sabin!"

He stopped, teeth bared and the tip of his god-spear vibrating inches on Yulan's neck.

I'd know that voice anywhere, but that's impossible.

"Sabin," she said again, softer this time. "It's me."

"Kaita?"

She stood right next to Yulan, blood splattered on her face. She wiped it from her eyes and it smeared into her short, black hair.

Sabin slackened and the spears fell from his hands. "I hurt you?"

My vision was true. I'm a monster.

She shook her head. "You didn't hurt me, it's from the birds."

He exhaled and wrapped his arms about Kaita. She reeked something fierce and smelled of stale urine and sweat, but he did not care. "I'm glad you are safe."

She hugged him back. "I never thought I'd see you again."

Yulan cleared his throat.

Sabin let Kaita go and picked up his spears. "Why are you here, Yulan?"

He smirked. "Put your toys away. I did not come to fight you."

"That doesn't answer my question."

Kaita put her arm in front of Sabin's chest. "Calm down, Sabin. The Chan..., Your father asked me to bring Yulan to you."

He furrowed his brow. "Father?"

"He says we should work together," Yulan said. "I am sorry, Yusabin."

Sabin put the tip of the spear on Yulan's chest. "You don't get to apologize."

"I am confused. I am told by the Staff Maiden you should apologize when you try to kill someone and fail."