Chapter 5

These first five chapters came out quickly because I had written it previously and it was saved on my laptop. After this, the chapters may come out slower and possibly more sporadically. Sorry :/

______________________________________________________________________________

Some Junkyard You Got

            “What the hell is this yo?!” Trent exclaimed in surprise as he walked into an obviously very high tech space. After tripping over twenty times on their thirty minute walk through the lightless tunnel, they had emerged in a large room surrounded by many computers, weapons, tracking systems, and multiple other gadgets that they couldn’t even wrap their minds around.

            “I can’t do this,” breathed Marcus as he gazed into the giant space. The metal walls around him looked suffocating and Marcus began to take in his surroundings. The room was thee football stadiums long and just as wide. The ceiling was covered with metal pipes and each computer was the size of a television. He began to make his way back to the elevator, but Drake stepped in front of him, and something sharp was suddenly pressed firmly against his rib cage. He could feel blood seeping through his shirt already. He backed up realizing he had no choice in the matter. He looked to his brother who was trying to sneak up behind Erin. She whirled on him, twisted his arm behind his back, pushed him to the ground and sat on his back. Trent gave out a soft moan of pain.

            “We would like to make the tour as pain free as possible boys.” Drake said.

            The two boys looked at each other and nodded, both already exhausted and in pain, they did not have the willpower to refuse. They did not need any more pain and surprise than they had already received today.

            “What exactly do you want from us?” What can we do that you guys can’t do?” asked Marcus, hoping the answer wasn’t something serious.

            “Well, your brother Trent is expendable,” said Drake. Trent looked at him shocked, offended and hurt. “It’s true! Sorry, you may be of worth to us, Trent, but it’s your brother that we really need for a few operations.”

            Marcus looked at the two operatives of S.T.A.L.K. hard and said, “I may or may not choose to do what you ask of me, but I will have some conditions. One condition is that my brother is included in all of this, otherwise, we don’t have any type of understanding.”

            Erin and Drake looked at each other and Erin said, “We figured you would say that, so that’s why Trent isn’t dead.” She turned and walked away with an air that said follow me.