Chapter 4

S.T.A.L.K.

            “Welcome to S.T.A.L.K. boys. S.T.A.L.K. stands for Stealthy Tactical Assassins who Live to Kill. I am Erin, and I am a recruiter. We exist to take out persons who menacingly threaten the public and seriously endanger the lives of those around them. We are the group that any government goes to when they need a job done. We recruit talented ones and ruthless ones, but we also recruit gifted ones like you, Marcus.” She took a breath took out her phone and quickly typed something. “We would like to hire both of you because we see that Trent is an extremely hard worker; maintaining straight A’s with an intelligence as low as that shows dedication. We want you Marcus because of your abilities. Your gift is accuracy.”

            Drake entered the room they were standing in. “My gift is the ability to read minds. That is how I could tell when you were thinking about whether or not you were going to shoot me last night. We have never seen a gift like yours before Marcus and it would be magnificent to have someone with the power to never miss on our team.”

            “I don’t know,” said Marcus as he finally got to examine Drake and Erin thoroughly. Drake was a tall and fit man, probably in his thirties. He was wearing shorts and no shirt opposed to the suit he was wearing the previous night. Erin was wearing an all-black combat full body suit with a belt holding all kinds of equipment. They both looked extremely athletic and Drake looked slightly irritated.

            “You should probably understand that the choice has already been made for you,” said Drake. “If you choose to resist, I will be forced to kill you,” while pulling the some pistol Marcus had seen last night out of who knows where. Marcus looked at them and reluctantly followed them into the depths of the junk pile.

            They walked into a square room and there was a sudden and sharp descent. It took Marcus a second to realize that they were in an elevator. For a good five minutes, they rapidly plummeted down. Trent looked like he was going to puke and Marcus was fascinated by the depth of this junk pile. The elevator came to a screeching halt, even though there was nothing but darkness ahead of them.