The Face Off

Only one chapter left of After Newsies after this!

Sky POV:

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Ben called me." Lollie said.

"I know you were trash talking Jordyn with Mackenzie and that is not ok with me." I said.

"I never trash talked Jordyn. Here's what happened. Mackenzie started saying that Jordyn is always all over Sky and Ben and she kept gushing on and I just sat there while she went on and on. When she was finally done I told her none of that was true and that she was crazy." She explained.

"But Melina told me..." I said.

"She must've seen me with Mackenzie during that but I never trash talked Jordyn. She is so sweet." Lollie said.

"Ok, but I still don't understand why you're here. You met somebody." I said.

"Correct. But he wasn't you. I couldn't wait to see you, it was killing me. So I figured the best way would be to move on. But, nothing felt right. Sky, you're the one." Lollie said.

"So what are you saying?" I asked.

"I'm saying, please take me back? Just 3 more months till I'm on summer break and can travel with you." She smiled.

"Promise you never trash talked Jordyn?" I asked.

"I swear on my life. I know you two have such a special relationship, I would never interfere with that. And she's one of the sweetest girls I've ever met. I couldn't even think of something bad to say about her." Lollie laughed.

"Damn I missed you." I laughed pulling her into a kiss. Everything is good. Ben and Jordyn are back together, I have Lollie, Josh has....well Josh has Josh....this is how life is supposed to be. I think it's time for me to finally let go of Jordyn.

Ben POV:

I sat in a chair right in front of Melina who was also sitting in a chair facing me. We were both leaning foreward with our faces right in front of each other and our arms crossed.

"Give her the ring." Melina said straight faced.

"No." I said.

"Yes." Melina protested.

"Make me." I said.

"You really wanna challenge a 10 year old to that?" Melina said.

"I'm not proposing to Jordyn! We just got back together 2 weeks ago!" I said.

"But it's love!" Melina said.

"If I ever propose to Jordyn, I want it to be the most magical moment. I don't want to rush anything." I said. "You can't rush love Melina."

"But if you guys get married we could be one big happy family." Melina said. Ow my heart.

"Aw Melina, come here." I said. She stood up and I picked her up and put her on my lap.

"You know I love you with  all my heart right?" I said.

"Yeah!" She smiled.

"But once the tour ends, you will be going back to your family. We are your legal guardians right now, but when we get home, you're going to live with your grandparents." I said.

"But I don't want to live with them. I want to live with you and Jordyn!" Melina said.

"But Melina, you have a family who cares about you at home and misses you." I said.

"No! I want to stay with you!" Melina said her eyes watering.

"Hey don't cry princess." I said squeezing her in a hug.

"You promised you would never leave me again! Now you're going to just leave me with my grandparents who don't care about me! You're breaking your promise!" Melina said tears streaming down her face.

"Melina, they love you." I said.

"No they dont! And if you loved me you wouldn't make me live with them!" She cried.

"I'm sorry Melina but this is how it has to happen." I said.

"I hate you!" Melina cried jumping off my lap and running out of my room.

"Melina wait!" I said but she slammed the door shut behind her. I didn't think she would mind, I thought she would be happy to be with her family. I can't raise a little girl, I'm only 23. It's one thing to be in charge of her on the tour, but another thing to raise her for the next 8 years. Sending her to school, dealing with puberty, I CANT HANDLE GIRL PUBERTY. And what about when she starts crushing on boys? I just can't do that. I pulled the ring out of my pocket and messed with it in my hands. I shoved it back in my pocket then stood up and looked out the window. Gosh, this is too much. The Palm trees were all bending in the wind. Florida is so beautiful. Can't I just stay here forever, laying on the beach, ignoring life's problems?

Jordyn POV:

"I'm so excited for tomorrow, it's going to be amazing going to Disney!" I smiled.

"I've never been." Sabrina laughed.

"WHAT!?! OH MY GOSH YOU POOR SOUL!" I said. Just then Melina burst through the door crying. "Melina sweetie, what's wrong?" I asked as she ran over and I picked her up.

"Ben said when the tour ends I'm going to live with my grandparents." Melina cried. Damn it Ben.

"Hey, why are we thinking about the tour ending? That's not going to happen for a while! What you should be thinking about is how awesome it's going to be when we go to Disney tomorrow!" I smiled. "We're gonna meet Minnie Mouse and Mickey and all the princesses!"

"Can we meet Elsa?" She asked through her tears.

"Of course! And tinker bell! All your favorite characters!" I smiled. "But you don't want to be crying in front of them! So you gotta start smiling before the TICKLE MONSTER COMES AND GETS YOU!" I smiled tickling her. She instantly started to laugh as I tickled her. "Now, why don't you go down to averys room and get ready for the show together." I smiled.

"Ok!" She laughed and ran off.

"You guys are sending her back to her family?" Sabrina asked.

"Yeah, looks like it. It's just too much. I mean, me and Ben are only dating. We can't raise this little girl all on our own. She deserves somebody better. A real family with a mom and a dad who know how to handle kids." I said.

"Jordyn, did you not see what you just did? That was amazing! You are great with kids!" Sabrina said.

"Yeah, well it's different then having an actual kid." I said.

"Do you think you and Ben will ever get married?" Sabrina asked.

"I think the future will decide itself." I smiled.

"But if he asked you, would you say yes?" Sabrina asked. I looked down and then back at Sabrina.

"Yeah." I smiled faintly. "I think I would."

"AHHHHHH!" Sabrina screamed jumping up and grabbing me in a hug.

"Sabrina!!! That doesn't mean he's going to ask!" I laughed.

"Oh he will!" She smiled.

"You're crazy." I laughed.

"Am I invited to the wedding?" Sabrina smiled.

"IM NOT GETTING MARRIED YET!" I laughed.

"KEY WORD YET!" Sabrina laughed.

"You are too much." I laughed. Imagine if Ben really did propose to me, how magical would that be? There's still a little part of me though that's mad at him for cheating on me.