Coffee Girl

Melina POV:

I felt the cold metal press against the side of my head. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, hot tears streaming down my face. I wanted to scream, I wanted to scream for help, but I was bound in silence. Every time I opened my mouth to scream, nothing came out. I saw Ben and Jordyn standing there in front of me. Jordyn was talking and Ben was yelling over and over again but I couldn't make out any sounds. I heard the click of the gun being loaded and closed my eyes again. I heard two loud bangs, and the cold feel of the metal on the side of my head disappear. I opened my eyes and Ben and Jordyn were lying in the ground in pools of blood. I tried to run to them but it felt like I was being held back my something. So I tried to yell, but only silence was heard. I felt the metal on my head again, I knew what was going to happen. Click....BANG.

Ben POV:

I jolted up from my bed hearing Melina scream. I ran over to her bed and she was shaking and crying. I guess she had a bad dream.

"Shh don't cry princess." I said jumping into her bed, grabbing her and pulling her close to me. "It's ok, it was just a dream. I'm here, everything is ok. It was just a dream." I said holding her close to me and running my fingers through her hair. "It's ok, I promise. I'm here and you're safe and nothing can hurt you." She continued to cry and shake as I calmed her down. After a couple minutes she stopped crying and stopped shaking. I looked down at her and she was staring at the wall with a blank expression. I looked at the clock and it was 4 in the morning. Figures, the one night Melina stays in my room because Josh was staying in skys room, this is the night it happens.

"Click." Melina whispered quietly.

"What?" I asked.

"Bang." Melina whispered and started to shake again.

"Melina are you ok?" I asked. Silence. She closed her eyes and drifted back off to sleep. I would pay a million dollars to know what was going on in her head right now. Click bang? What does that even mean?

Sky POV:

"Go talk to her." Jordyn said.

"No!" I protested.

"Look at her! She's your height, beautiful blonde hair, blue eyes, she's perfect! Come on! Every morning we've come to this coffee shop and every morning she sits there all alone. We are here for another 3 days sky. TALK TO HER." Jordyn said.

"Jordyn, no! I don't need a girlfriend." I said.

"Yes you do! Come on please!" Jordyn pleaded.

"No! Now I'm going to get more coffee from inside, do you want anything." I asked.

"Yes I'll take a tall glass of YOU TALKING TO THAT GIRL!" Jordyn said. I rolled my eyes and headed back in. Why can't Jordyn just leave me alone? I'm not just going to talk to any random girl on the street. Can't she just let me live my-as I was lost in thought I ran right into somebody.

"Shit I am so sorry!" I said. I looked up and I spilled a girls iced coffee all over her and knocked all her papers out of her hand.

"It's ok, this isn't the first time this happened." She laughed.

"I am so so sorry! I was totally lost in thought!"
I said kneeling down and helping her pick up her papers. "I hope this paper wasn't important." I laughed picking up a soaking wet piece of paper.

"It's actually my homework." She laughed. "Do you think my professor will believe a cute guy in the coffee shop spilled my coffee on it?" She laughed.

"What grade are you in college?" I asked.

"Senior." She smiled.

"Well I'm sure he will cut you a break." I smiled.