iv

2016.

"i can't believe i'm leaving already," june sighed, fiddling with little strands of george's hair as they laid down on his bed.

the past month had been way beyond what george had imagined. it was even better, actually. he thought it would be awkward most of the time. he's glad it wasn't.

the visit consisted of the following: lectures from his mom, his dad still being skeptical, june shadowing george at school, june getting to go to band practices, the rest of the guys roasting george, a few trips to steak 'n' shake, george wearing makeup for the first time (and looking good), visiting pets at petco, and much much more. the trip was being finished off in a near perfect way - saved by the bell reruns.

"i know, and i'm going to miss you."

june crawled out of bed after george kissed her head. although she never wanted to leave his side, the arms that she claimed as safety for the past three years even though they've literally only cuddled a few times for real in those three years, which was this month, she felt secure and loved when even solely thinking of him.

she grabbed her suitcase and zipped it up, locking the padlock. checking all of her front compartments on it, she placed it on the floor and the both of them were just about ready to go.

he didn't want her to go back to the other side of the country. nor did she. she didn't want to leave the love of her life. knowing that they had to go separate ways just broke her heart and she wanted to cry at the thought of it.

when the plane took off, he watched from the window as her beautifully dyed hair rested against the glass of the plane window.

it felt like almost famous.