8; messages and skating

Scarlet;
"So where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise!" He chuckled.

I looked at him and groaned,"mmm I don't really like surprises."

We had just left the beach. It felt really good talking to him about Cameron. Part of the reason I dated him back in junior year was because I could tell him anything, no everything and he knew exactly what to say to make me feel better.

I opened my phone and clicked on my messages I saw Cam and hesitated if I should text him or not. Jack told me I should tell him, not about Lauren but something so I began typing.

Dear Cam,
I am so sorry. I love you so much and always will. I know you moved on because I left. It's Lauren someone I despise but all that matters is that you're happy even if that happiness doesn't include me anymore. I just want you to know I had a reason to leave, I didn't just leave because I felt like it. You're probably thinking Conner. If it was Conner I wouldn't leave because I have you to comfort me. The reason is you. I left to protect you. I wish I could tell you from what but I can't and I don't think I ever could. Please if you feel the same way write me back or call or even if you still feel anything please. I love you. You're him. You're my everything. And you're always in my moonlight dreams.

xoxo, Scarlet

I sighed rereading the message but finally pressing send. I looked at Jack and smiled. I looked down and saw he read it. My heart skipped a beat and I waited for the typing sign to pop up. It never did.

"Then I guess you moved on and I will try to I'm so sorry." I texted.

The text sent in a green bubble instead of blue and it didn't even say delivered. I bit my lip trying to hold my tears in. Soon it turned into anger. I'm done falling in love because every time I do I get by heart broken.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Or maybe we could stay in here." I smirked and locked the doors.

He looked at my confusingly.                  

I chuckled,"i'm joking let's go."
Lauren;
I waited impatiently for cam to get out shower. I heard his phone ding so I walked over to see who it was.

New message; Scarlet

I rolled my eyes and opened the message. I read the long sappy paragraph and groaned. Knowing Cam if he read this we would be over. I looked at the phone and threw it at the wall. It shattered completely. I smirked and walked to the bathroom.

"Cam!" I yelled.

"Yea, what's up?" He asked.

"I accidently dropped your phone, I was making the bed and didn't realize your phone was on it I am so sorry." I frowned.

"It's okay let me see it." He said and put his hand out the shower reaching for his phone.

I handed to him but 'accidently' dropped it in the water.

"Oh my gosh!" I yelled.

"It's fine." He laughed.

"I feel so bad let me get you a new phone!" I exclaimed.

"It's all good baby." He said with a smile.

I smiled back and walked out.
Jack;
We both got out and she laughed.

"You're funny if you think I'm going in there." She said with a chuckle.

"Come on its open late tonight, it's really fun." I pleaded.

She looked at the roller done the back at me.

She rolled her eyes,"let's go."

I hugged her tight causing her to laugh we went inside and got our skates. There weren't too many people skating. We got on the rink and she began to skate on her own.

"I thought you didn't like skating." I yelled after her.

"Never said that." She smiled and began skating again.

She reached me again and laughed,"you're so slow Gilinsky."

"Shut up Scar!" I laughed attempting to skate but immediately falling on my ass.

"You're supposed to be the one helping me skate." She laughed and helped me off.

"Take my hand." She said and reached her hand out.

I grabbed it and we began skating around the rink.

"This is actually easy." I laughed and began to skate on my own.

"Let's get something to eat, I'm starving." She told me.

I nodded and we walked over to the concession.

"Ill take a slice of  pepperoni pizza and a red and blue slushy mixed, please." She told the lady.

"Just a red slushy." I told her.

She nodded,"coming right up."
**
After we finished eating we skated for a bit then got in my car and began to drive her home.

We finally reached her house and she smiled.

"I had a lot of fun tonight." She said.

"Me too." I smiled back.

She kissed my cheek and got out.
••••
Awkward ending but hope you enjoyed 
xoxo, C