Chapter Forty Three

Chapter Forty Three

The tour bus… was fucking awesome. The boys all piled on eagerly, going to their bunks or flopping down on the sofas but I was too busy staring in awe. There were leather sofas with televisions, including Playstation 3s and an Xbox. There was a cute little kitchen area and then the bunks towards the back. It was all so modern and high tech and impressive.

Speaking of the bunks… There were six spaces, but as I walked along I noticed the last bunk seemed to have been broken, as there was no mattress and the wooden planks were snapped in half.

“I broke it,” Louis explained as he walked past me. “Accidentally, of course. I won’t tell you how.” I looked up at his smug expression before cringing outwardly at his words as he joined Zayn playing the Xbox. I definitely didn’t want to know how, now.

“Ni!” I shouted at the boy who I could see was already rummaging through the kitchen cupboards. He turned to me with a Jaffa cake stuffed in his mouth. I chuckled as he walked towards me, some chocolate smeared on his chin.

“Mm?” He said in question, since his mouth was still full.

“Where am I sleeping? Will I be sharing with you?” I said quietly, not wanting the other boys to overhear because I knew by now that I would be submitted to so much teasing it would be painful.

“Yes.” He said, giving me a look as if I was stupid. “Wait… if you want to, that is.”

I rolled my eyes at him. “Of course, I do. I’m not used to an empty bed anymore.”

Niall grinned at me, before pushing on my shoulders and propelling me forwards to his bunk. “This,” he gestured theatrically. “Is your bed, m’lady.”

Niall’s bunk was about five feet off the floor, and was skinnier in width than a normal single bed. Things were going to get snuggly…

***

Two hours later and we were zooming down the motorway. Or ‘highway’ I should say, since we were in America. I was lying on Niall’s bunk on my stomach, just relaxing. My reflex action was to open my twitter app and scroll down looking for anything new. I should have known, though, that of course there was nothing new - I was on tour with the band! I giggled before slapping a hand over my mouth to make sure no one noticed.

Soon enough, I came across photos of myself. Most of them were from that morning with Niall, clinging onto his hand as we walked to the tour bus. I winced at my appearance. I was that girl, the one who ruined a lovely group photo by just looking like Shrek. It happened basically every time a camera appeared – suddenly I would turn into an ogre.

I closed the app when I started seeing all these tweets about what the fans thought I was to Niall. The theories ranged from his girlfriend to a secret mole sent from The Wanted to steal the boys’ new material. That, I scoffed at. The most common idea was that I was a beard paid by management to pose as Niall’s girlfriend. That made me laugh, though, because surely if Niall got to have a fake girlfriend he would get some model or someone a lot hotter than myself. To be honest, I wasn’t really bothered about what the fans were saying. What did bother me was that even I didn’t know what I was to Niall. I wasn’t sure he would want me as a girlfriend. I mean sure, he said he was in love with me, but that didn’t mean he would want to be exclusive with me of all people. But then again, I wasn’t really comfortable with the idea of ‘friends with benefits’ or whatever. I wasn’t that kind of girl.

The stress was giving me a headache so I tried to forget about it, logging into Facebook to check my messages. I hated the social networking site; it was an excuse for the popular people to boast about how many friends they had and get a stupid amount of likes of photos with their arses hanging out their shorts. How classy. I only had an account because Soph had been adamant that I was missing out and created it herself. I felt a stab of guilt thinking about Sophie, since I hadn’t made an effort to get in touch with any of my friends except Benjamin.