Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One

We spent the rest of the night using Niall's bed as a bouncy castle and playing loud music. (Because we're really mature and that's how adults spent their evenings). I didn't even bother putting my bag in the spare room, I just kind of assumed I'd be sharing with Niall and he did, too. Waking up next to Niall was becoming a common occurrence.

We had an early start in the morning and since Niall and I are both really not morning people, the first half an hour we spent grunting at each other rather than having sophisticated conversations.

"Ni, I can't close my suitcase!" I shouted from his bedroom. He ran through from the kitchen and laughed when he saw me sat on the top of my suitcase, tugging on the zip aggressively. He joined me and knelt down on the edge of the case and eventually we managed to shut the burstingly-full bag. Niall did the honours of lifting the heavy bag to the door, in await of the car that would pick us up to take us to the airport. "Niall, where's your case?" I queried as he sat down for a third helping of cereal.

His eyebrows shot up and he scrambled off the stool. "Shit, knew I'd forgotten something!"

So the last ten minutes we had were spent frantically stuffing things into Niall's empty bag. It astounded me how little he needed for nine weeks on tour. His beloved 5sos tanktop obviously went into the suitcase, as well as two 'CRAZY MOFOS' t-shirts and a few pairs of jeans. He then emptied his whole drawer of boxers into the bag and ta-da, he was done.

A snazzy blacked-out car drove us to the airport. I may or may not have fallen asleep again, but it was half six in the morning and just ew, that's way too early. I need my beauty sleep, okay?

Pulling up at the airport, I saw the crowd of teenage girls screaming in front of the terminal building and I calmly accepted my death. This wasn't going to go well.

"Shit," Niall mumbled. "Don't worry, I can see security." And sure enough, some tall bodyguard-looking guys were pushing through the fans and pushing them back a little. "Hey, you okay?" Niall nudged my elbow concernedly. "I didn't think there'd be so many out this early in the morning, Em. Em?"

"Oh, sorry, yeah." I said, breaking out of my stupor. "It's fine, I can do this," I said, my voice sounding a lot more confident than I felt.

"I'll keep you safe," Niall winked and then the security opened my door and Niall pushed me forwards and out of the car. Girls screamed and I heard Niall climb out after me, waving and calling a few hellos. I stood in a daze - I had never had this amount of people all with their attention on me (well, on Niall but I was with him).