Chapter Thirty Eight

We had one more day in Mexico before we flew over to the United States, so the day was meant to be spent relaxing before we headed out to party later on.

Little did I know this was going to be far from a relaxing day for me.

Niall woke up before me that morning and proceeded to wake me up by prodding different areas of my face and eventually giving me a wet willy (if anyone doesn't know it's when you lick your finger and stick it in someone else's ear and it's ew so gross). Another pillow fight was almost started after that, but we thought we had probably given the maid a big enough heart attack the day before and should probably leave it.

After showering and getting dressed, we headed down for some breakfast.

"Hey guys!" Niall said to Liam and Harry who were sat at a table. The table was rectangular and the two boys were sat opposite each other, so I had no choice but to sit in between them. Niall gave me a slight glare when I sat down next to Harry, which I noticed and sent him a raised-eyebrow look back.

The conversation consisted mainly about pokemon, and since I have an older brother who used to be obsessed, I could join in with the chatter pretty well. Harry's expression was pleasantly surprised when I went off into a ramble about pikachu, but Niall was just looking proud like he knew I had it in me all along.

***

"I wanted to sit next to you at breakfast," Niall whined when we were walking back up the stairs.

I scoffed. "We were sat opposite each other, why does it matter?"

Niall huffed and started walking faster up the stairs.

"Ni, c'mon! What's wrong?" I called, catching him up. "Those were the only seats left, I'm sorry."

"Or you just wanted to sit next to Harry." He muttered under his breath, but I sure as hell heard it.

I grabbed his shoulder, making him stop and turn to face me. "Don't act like this. You know I'd never choose Harry over you."

For a second I thought I'd gotten through to him but he just gave me a blank look and rushed along the corridor to our room.

"Niall?" I called when I got there a few seconds after him. The toilet flushed and he walked out but he still didn't look happy. I was confused and worried; he was always the cheeriest person I knew and I didn't understand what I'd done wrong.

"Just leave it Em." He muttered, crossing the room to open his suitcase.

"I can't!" I said loudly. "How can I 'leave it' when you're mad at me?!"

"I'm not mad at you!" He said, his voice raised but he still didn't tun to look at me.

"Niall!" I begged. "Please don't do this! If this is about Harry, there's nothing going on between us, there never would be!"

And yet he still had his back facing me. Which annoyed me alot.

"Hey!" I shouted, finally making him turn around. "What have I done? "

"Nothing, you've done nothing!" He shouted back at an equally loud volume.

"Then what the fuck is wrong?!" I yelled angrily. And oh no, here it was. I hated those damn tears that filled my eyes when I was frustrated. They made me seem so weak and I hated that I cried when I was mad but I couldn't help it.

Niall noticed the growing water in my eyes and his face crumpled.

"Em, I'm sorry I just..." He walked over but I held out my hands before he could hug me.