Chapter Twenty Seven

This is a really short chapter. But the next few chapters will make up for it! Exciting times are coming! ;)

-Laura xo

Chapter Twenty Seven

My summer exams approached annoyingly fast. I created a revision timetable and stuck to it like my life depended it on it. I spoke to Niall less and less on the phone. It wasn't that we had fallen out, it wasn't that I didn't want to talk to him because I did, of course I did. It was just we were both so busy - his hectic schedule and my schoolwork kept us both occupied.

When we did manage to talk, everything was still the same, we were still the best of friends. We were still always texting, but a Skype call was something that only happened once in a blue moon.

My exams started on the 14th of May and ended on the 4th of June. My parents went away yet again, this time an actual scheduled holiday to Crete to re-kindle their romance or something I didn't really want to know about. I didn't actually mind exam days that much, because I would always get a really cute good luck text from Niall or on lucky days, a phonecall.

***

I walked out of the school after my last exam, which was maths, feeling upbeat. It had gone well and now I had the next three months off. I was just looking forward to sitting on my arse, watching movies, forgetting the gym existed and getting fat. The summer was going to be epic.

I walked home, One Direction's latest leaked song blasting in my ears. I got chills every time I heard Niall's voice, it still annoyed me that he didn't get half as many solos as he deserved.

"Hey Ni!" I said cheerfully, after unsurprisingly being put through to his answer machine. "Exams are over woooooo! Ring me when you can, any time any day I can now pick up, I've got the next three months off, sucker! I miss you! Love you!" I hung up, putting my phone in my back pocket and skipping happily down the road.

***

Niall called me back a few hours later.

"I'm lonely," Niall whined the second I picked up. I laughed, imagining the adorable pout on his face.

"This is why you need a girlfriend, Ni." I joked, although the thought of him with a girlfriend made me uneasy. I wanted to stab her with a fork and then feed her to great white shar- woah, chill.

"Shut up," he mumbled with a laugh, knowing that I was teasing him about his lack of a love life. "Y'know Ems..." He trailed off.

"What?" I said a little impatiently, confused as to why he sounded nervous.

"I just thought.. But no, maybe you won't want to, I just...," he babbled in that cute accent of his.

"Niall spit it out! You won't know unless you ask." But I wasn't prepared for what he said next.

"Will you come on tour with me?"

____________________________________________________