Chapter Twenty Eight

:) Enjoy!

Chapter Twenty Eight

"Will you come on tour with me?"

My heart stuttered, stopped, then picked up again, beating at a ninety miles an hour.

Had he just....No. No, he hadn't. He couldn't. Those words couldn't have left his mouth. I must be going crazy, I thought.

But Niall was still talking. Or, babbling. "Well, I mean us. Like me and the boys. Obviously... I mean, I'm in the band so why would I be on tour without them? I'm just... yeah, I'm - "

"Niall, shut up." I said suddenly. My voice was so much calmer than my brain. "Will you please repeat what you just said? Not that babble, I mean the first thing."

"I said," his voice was apprehensive, like he was saying something he thought might get him in trouble. "Will you come on tour with me?"

I clutched my chest. Breathe Emma, breathe. He really just asked me to go on tour with him, I wasn't imagining it. HOLY FUCKING GOD.

"Ems? Emma, you there?" Niall's voice came through the speaker after I didn't answer for a while. I was too busy running round the living room like a maniac, throwing my arms in the air like I was on fire, my mouth stretched into a screaming shape although no sound came out.

"Oh yeah sorry, Ni." I said breathlessly. And then I burst into uncontrollable, giddy laughter.

"Em, you lunatic, what's wrong with ya?" Niall chuckled. And then, as quickly as the laughter had started, it stopped. Man, my emotions were shot.

"You fucking asked me on tour." I stated simply.

"Y-yeah?" Niall said.

"You really asked me on tour?" I said, and it was a question now.

"Yeah." He chuckled again.

"You, Niall Horan, asked me on tour. Me. Emma, me." He must have thought I was on drugs.

"Yes!" He exclaimed, impatient. "C'mon, stop messing around! What d'you say?"

"About what?" I teased and he huffed. "Sorry, sorry. I just... Jesus Christ, this is a lot to take in!" I took a few deep breaths. "You really want me on tour with you? Like actually?" I asked, genuinely surprised.

"Course I do, Ems." Niall said like I was stupid. "You're my best friend." My heart couldn't decide whether it wanted to burst from happiness or break in two. It was both the nicest thing I had ever heard and the hardest. It was beyond my wildest dreams for him to call me his best friend, but at the same time, I wanted more. As ungrateful as that sounds.

"Wow... I'm... Just, wow." I stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"So, will you come?" Niall's voice was full of so much hope but also fear of rejection. I smiled. I mean, come on. Was I really going to say no? After everything, he can't have really thought I would say no to that. I would have been a complete idiot to even consider about passing up the opportunity to spend my free days with him.

But, I was quite enjoying the worry in his voice. "Well, I'll have to think about it." I teased. "Tell me more."

Niall chuckled, sensing the amusement in my voice and realising that I was teasing him. "We go to America in two weeks and we'll spend nine weeks there. I asked a while ago if I could bring you, and they said yes. I just hadn't mustered up the courage to ask you yet. You don't have to stay for the whole thing, just please come, Ems! I miss you. And anyway, I know for a fact you have nothing to do all summer. And Zayn will be spending some time with Perrie, Harry with Gemma, Louis with Eleanor and Liam with Andy who's basically his girlfriend. Please please please Ems!"

"Ni, stop." I said, the grin on my face so big my cheeks were aching. "You don't need to convince me."

"You'll come?" His voice was full of shock

"Of course I'll bloody come! Oh my god! I'm coming on tour!" I shouted down the phone, excitement rushing round my body like a tidal wave.

"Yes!" Niall yelled ecstatically. "Oh my god, we're going to have so much fun!"

And that was how Niall asked me on tour with him and One Direction. My life was officially awesome.

***

The hardest part was convincing my mother. I called her that afternoon, after Niall begged and pleaded and whined that I confirmed I could go straight away.

"Hello sweetie!" My mother said cheerfully as she picked up the phone.

"Hey mum!" I couldn't keep the excitement out of my voice, but she didn't notice.

"Emma, you would love Crete!" She gushed. "It's hot and sunny and there's some lovely Greek lads out here! I could get you Alfredo, our bartender's, phone number if you want?"

I cringed at my mother's attempt at matchmaking. "I'm good on the boy front, thanks though Mum. Actually, I have something big to tell you."

"Oh yes, I got your text about your exams! Well done honey, I'm sure you've done brilliantly!"

"No, that's not it." I said, taking a deep breath. Up to this point, my parents didn't even know I was friends with Niall. They probably didn't even know who he was. I made a snap decision not to tell them that I was going on tour with a popstar. It would be easier this way. "Mum, I'm going to America in two weeks, before you get back."

"What do you mean, you're going to America?" My mum said sternly. "And two weeks? Why haven't you told me about this before?"

"I'm going with some friends, to America. We only just decided, I rang as soon as I heard. I know it's sudden, but Mum, I'm eighteen now. I have the money from my birthday saved. I can go, can't I?" My voice was pleading.

My mother thought silently for a while before finally speaking up. "Of course you can go." I jumped up and down, fist pumping silently. That was so much easier than I had thought! I had had an entire speech planned. "Emma, you know I worry about you but you have shown that you're capable of looking after yourself whilst your dad and I have been away. Now, I'll expect you to call at least once more before you go, and let me know how you're getting on when you're there. Okay?"

"Thanks so much, Mum!" I gushed.

"You're welcome honey. Look, this call will be costing your dad a bomb. I'll talk to you soon, I love you. Be safe." And she hung up.

I screamed excitedly. I was actually going away with Niall. AKDHAUKFY QWLIF HAUFHK.

'How did it go with the parents??????' The text from Niall had come through whilst I was on the phone. I typed a message back quickly, all the whilst grinning like a loon.

'AMERICA HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!'

____________________________________________________

I just need to rant to you a guys a second...

DO YOU EVER DO SOMETHING SO EMBARRASSING YOU JUST WANT TO CRAWL IN A HOEL ANC CURL UP AND DIE BECAUSE THATS HOW IM FEELING RIGHT NOW AND JUST AHSFK,HRUKWS,\lsidskfdz.,s

Anyway... Hope you liked the chapter,

I just want to let you know how much I appreciate you guys reading and voting and commenting because this is the first story that I've done where I've had that and it really makes me so happy to see that people are wanting me to update and such. It really encourages me to write so thankyou!:)

I love each and every one of you

- Laura x