Chapter Thirty-Five: Jealousy

Hello, everybody!!!

YOU LOT ARE FREAKING AMAZING. I cannot believe it! I now have 9k reads!!!

Wow.

Can we get just 1k more? It would be interesting to find out...

Here's the next chapter- I hope you like it!

Love you all,

Lily

Lily's POV:

Every time Scorpius saw me anywhere, he tried to talk to me. Couldn't he see that I didn't want to talk to him?

Before Alex came, this would have been a major topic for me. But Alex had a gift for taking my mind off of unpleasant things.

The next Monday after my name was pulled there was a photo-shoot done by the Daily Prophet. Scorpius was more waspish than ever that day, and I gave him up in exasperation.

"'Ello, teammate," Gabrielle Despereaux said to me as I walked into the empty classroom where the photoshoot was to be done.

"Hey," I replied tiredly.

Rose rushed over and hugged me the minute she saw me. "Lily, thank goodness you're here! Jake is driving me insane."

"Rose," Jake complained, "I haven't even been that bad!"

"You put me through a lecture on how fantastic you are at Quidditch for fifteen minutes."

"I said you would be good at it and that Alex and Faith were! I never even mentioned myself!"

Rose rolled her eyes. "We're going to have some... issues... working together," she told me.

"We will if you keep snapping at me every time I breathe," Jake grumbled. I raised my eyebrows at Rose. "I think you may have been being a little harsh, Rose. It's usually you who's annoyed." I lowered my voice. "Can't you see that he wants to be your friend?"

"I can see that just fine," Rose hissed back. "But he's annoying me!"

It seemed that it wasn't much of a good day for anyone.

That afternoon, I had Potions with Slughorn, who was apparently still convinced that Scorpius and I were some sort of item.

"Why aren't you sitting with young Malfoy anymore?" he boomed. "It's clear he misses you."

"That might be true, Professor," I said, shooting Scorpius a dirty look, "but I'm much better occupied. You see, I have a boyfriend." I slipped one arm around Alex's waist, and he smiled down at me.

Scorpius scowled.

The rest of the lesson was spent by me trying to avoid his glances and his awkward attempts to talk to me which I had thought I had made clear were unappreciated.

"He's so annoying," I grumbled to Alex as we walked out, not caring that Scorpius was right behind us. "All he ever does now is try to talk to me. Can't he see I don't want to?"

Alex's only response was to kiss me.

I was accosted after dinner by Gabrielle, who seemed very impatient to begin training as a team for the Tournament. Far from being proud and aloof, I had thus far concluded that she was merely very blunt. Tonight was no exception.

"If we want to win, Leely," she said pressingly, hurrying to catch up with me and Alex, "we 'ave to PRACTICE."

I sighed. "Gabrielle, I-"

She smiled and shook her head. "I know you weesh to spend more time with your boyfriend. But tonight, we practice. Tomorrow you may 'ave more time with 'im."

She looked up at Alex and turned slightly red.

"'ello," she mumbled.

"Hi," he said, smiling at her.

"Meet me in ze entryway at seven, Leely," she said to me, and then dashed away, cheeks scarlet. It would seem she "'ad" a bit of a crush.

I huffed. Really, Gabrielle?