Chapter Twenty-nine: Budding Romances

Okay, I know this one is rather short. But I'll have a lovely long one posted on Wednesday!!!

Love you all,

Lily

P.S. Is not the fanart at the top adorable????

Lily's POV:

I couldn't stand the wait. Was it possible? Could I really make it into the Tournament?

Afternoon classes were a daze, and in Potions Professor Slughorn remarked that I wasn't as cheeky as I usually was.

"Probably the fault of this young Malfoy heartbreaker, eh?" he remarked with a roguish wink at Scorpius, who for some reason seemed slightly wistful when accused of breaking my heart.

Alex looked slightly pained, and I immediately felt furious- both at Scorpius and Slughorn.

"You DO know we're not together, right?" I asked Scorpius intensely after Slughorn had let us out and I knew Alex was within earshot.

Scorpius nodded. Why he walked away to Herbology with such a furious expression on his face was a puzzle to me.

Alex, Jake, and Faith chose to attend Care of Magical Creatures with me and Rose. This provided me with ample consolation for the Potions incident. But I was so flustered when Alex hung back to walk with me that nerves almost drowned out my pleasure.

"So," he asked, "you're fifteen?"

I flushed. "Turning sixteen soon."

"It's alright," he amended hurriedly, "I didn't mean to imply you were a kid or anything."

I smiled gratefully. "Thanks."

"I watched you flying with Faith yesterday," he continued. "You were awesome."

"Really?" I blushed.

"Yeah. You were even better than Young Blood Quidditch said."

"You read that article?"

"You're a huge celebrity back in the U.S.A. Almost everyone read that article."

"But- Jake didn't even know who I was."

"Yeah, well- that's Jake." He waved a hand as if to imply that Jake didn't really count.

"So- that's why you have a picture of me on your Bulletin Board of Fame? Because I'm a celebrity?"

He smiled at me. "No, not really. I have a picture of you up there because I think you're cool, and really smart, and talented. Actually, meeting you was the first reason I was so pumped to come out here. I never thought I'd actually get to be your friend."

I blushed. "Wow. That's... I can't believe I'm that big of a deal."

"Oh, you are," he said, laughing. "There's a Lily Potter Fan Club at Catmeer. Faith's a member."

"Geez, Alex!" Faith groaned from up ahead. "I heard that!"

"It's okay," I told her. "I'm flattered. Is there an Albus Potter Fan Club? A James Potter Fan Club? A Harry Potter Fan Club?"

Alex nodded. "Faith's also in the Albus Potter Fan Club and the Harry Potter Fan Club."

I wiggled my eyebrows at Faith. "Albus Potter Fan Club, eh?"

She blushed. Rose giggled, and Jake smirked. "Celebrity crush, eh, Faith?"

"Shut up. Tell Albus and you're dead." We'd reached Hagrid's hut, where the old gamekeeper was waiting for us.

"Lily! Rose!" He beamed. "Jus' about to start."

The other six members of the class- Lorcan, Sean Davies, Park and Pansy Zabini, Sally Parks, and Jia Fenton, were waiting, looking slightly apprehensive. The Zabini twins had the two Beauxbatons twins with them- what were their names?

Hagrid gestured to the pen just beyond the pumpkin patch. "Aren' they beau'iful?"

I looked and groaned inwardly.

In the pen were thirty giant spiders.